Home

Ea has different countdown than madden mania!?

This is a discussion on Ea has different countdown than madden mania!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #49
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Ea has different countdown than madden mania!?

Quote:

soxboy7 said:
No, you didn't read the whole thing. Just saw lots of writing and moved on. It's ok...

That's what I'm saying. With everyone's two-second attention span these days, most people can't handle reading an article that's longer than a thousand words. If there are no loud noises and flashing lights, it's not worth five miunutes of their time.

FSquid, if I'm Benny and you're Maria, does that make us gay?
Old 07-04-2004, 05:01 PM   #50
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I used to like their forums alot. But now with the exception of a few people like Hellisan and Redwolf, the blatant homers and fanboys seem to be running rampant over thare. I used to visit their forums several times a day, now it's just a few times a year.

I actually agree with this statement 100%. The only forum I visit with any regularity is the Soap Box.

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
As far as writers. I never claimed to be a great writer. But there's no one over there that can touch Shawn Drotar in terms of pure writing ability. Guys is truly a proffesional writer and it shows. He's head and shoulders above 99% of the sports game writers on the internet, never the less MM.

I don't know who that is but I'll take your word for it.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:03 PM   #51
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

BTG, what a joke man. My best friend, who has a degree in creative writing, said it is unacceptable for a writer to have typos and misspellings in his or her work. Quit trying to pass the blame on the mythical editor. Next thing you know, the spell check was broken. Come off your high horse man, John Wayne died long ago. BTW, keep writing you need the practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 05:03 PM   #52
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

My bad, I guess I should have read your stuff better and known what you ment. Next time just type a couple of spaces and I will see if I can understand that.

So that throws out the contest. I also take it as you can't write code better than me since I should have known you were talking about the English language.

Also, run your work through even a simple thing like MS Word. It will catch most of the stuff I saw. Alao throwing in an extra comma or two is not a typo, thats poor english and writing. A typo is typing yahooo instead of yahoo. Or typing sweer instead of sweet. Those are typos.

"I can do things with computers that most people can't"

You said you could write better than me. I was just seeing if it were true. You brought up the writing part and used the word anything. The last time I looked the code I write would fall under the idea of "writing anything." But of course when you translate it does not fall under BTG's idea of anything as everyone should know when he uses the word anything he does not mean anything.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #53
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

PS.

I have never claimed to be an English "writer" nor do I want to me. I will leave that to the guys like Shawn(glasses wearing library dweller).
Old 07-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #54
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Quote:

kodiak said:
BTG, what a joke man. My best friend, who has a degree in creative writing, said it is unacceptable for a writer to have typos and misspellings in his or her work. Quit trying to pass the blame on the mythical editor. Next thing you know, the spell check was broken. Come off your high horse man, John Wayne died long ago. BTW, keep writing you need the practice.

The "mythical editor" in question is Kid Liquid over at MM and my only spell check is www.spellcheck.net.

You're entitlted to your opinion about the way I write, but most people seem to like it.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:08 PM   #55
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Oh, and if you want a writer's pissing match. I must have missed the MM content (or your personal content) on Xbox.com and ESPN.com. I would have noticed it while reading our Managing Editor's work.

I was gonna say the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

I taught English 101 while getting my masters, and I believe that many of my "State" University students could outwrite / outwit you, and the entire Madden Mania staff. I have zero affiliation with either OS or MM and post rarely here, but if you can't see what a joke you and your article are... well then you have some serious problems.

Count up the grammar errors on page 1 alone.
http://maddenmania.com/mnews.php
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »