Home

10 days 'til release...should I trade in NCAA 2004 or wait and see?

This is a discussion on 10 days 'til release...should I trade in NCAA 2004 or wait and see? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
10 days \'til release...should I trade in NCAA 2004 or wait and see?

Wondering what opinions you all have on this? Considering I'll get $5 or less trade-in, I'm just wondering if it'll be worth it to hang on and see if NCAA '05 is a game that is worthy to get rid of '04. I wouldn't play '04 at all once I got '05 and realized it was a game I really liked, but hearing stuff like the LB speed cheat, poor CPU offense on AA...I'm wondering if I should hang on to '04. Then again, playing '04 up until release might sour me more than I'd like towards '05 and not have me as excited as I could be.

Your take on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 10 days \'til release...should I trade in NCAA 2004 or wait and see

First of all, those impressions were from a Beta copy....and have proabably been fixed. I would suggest saving 2004 if your only going to get 5 bucks for it, kind of a waste. I'm selling mine on Ebay so i'll get more for it. But maybe you should rent 2005 first and see what you think.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:27 PM   #3
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 10 days \'til release...should I trade in NCAA 2004 or wait and see?

Quote:

jdhmac2418 said: poor CPU offense on AA...

IMO, the CPU offense was poor on AA in 2004 as well.

But to answer you question, if you're only getting $5 for trading 2004 in you might try to sell it on Ebay like has already been mentioned. I'm not sure how much you'd get for it though with 2005 fixing to release...

I say go ahead and trade it in. If you end up liking 2005 less than 2004 you could always get it back cheap.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

i would try amazon.com... you can get around 10 bucks right now...... thats to say if anyone would want it...

I sold mine on amazon back in march for 35..... thank god...
Old 07-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

I wouldn't be too worried about what the guy with the beta copy said about the defense always catching him. I think he was trying to do more zig-zagging and juking and with the new realistic momentum implemented in this game, it would seem like the linebackers were always catching him. But from the videos it doesn't look like there's much of a problem in that department.

And last year the CPU offense problems were easily solved with a few slider tweaks. This game is gonna be stupendous and I don't think you'll really see that much need for NCAA 2004 if you get 05. But if you're that worried then don't trade it in because 5 bucks isn't that much to save anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I believe EB Games is giving minimum $10 on all trade-ins towards Madden or NCAA '05. I am trading all my old Maddens and NCAA 03.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

shishka55 said:
I believe EB Games is giving minimum $10 on all trade-ins towards Madden or NCAA '05. I am trading all my old Maddens and NCAA 03.

You serious? I traded in March Madness 2004 for $7 last week...didn't know there was a $10 minimum trade-in towards NCAA & Madden. I even pre-ordered NCAA & Madden that same day.

Still not sure what I'm gonna do...possibly another EB trade-in, or look on eBAY, Amazon, or elsewhere. Trying to get rid of NCAA '04 and Madden '04 and figuring out the way to make/save the most $$$ possible in doing so.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jdhmac2418 said:
Quote:

shishka55 said:

You serious? I traded in March Madness 2004 for $7 last week...didn't know there was a $10 minimum trade-in towards NCAA & Madden. I even pre-ordered NCAA & Madden that same day.

Still not sure what I'm gonna do...possibly another EB trade-in, or look on eBAY, Amazon, or elsewhere. Trying to get rid of NCAA '04 and Madden '04 and figuring out the way to make/save the most $$$ possible in doing so.

Gamestop will give you a minimum of $10 off the purchase of NCAA'05 when you trade in '04 and reserve 05 on the same day. The same deal applies for Madden (get $10 off when you trade in Madden '04 and reserve '05).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »