Home

Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc.

This is a discussion on Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc.

Quote:

Berlin is the best QB in the ACC and one of the best in the country!

Old 07-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

For all the Rix apologists, Jeff Bowden didn't go 6 for 19 in the Orange Bowl last year. Jeff Bowden didn't turn the ball over 4 times last year in the regular season game against Miami. Jeff Bowden didn't play so horribly against Notre Dame in 2002 that there was an attempted mutiny in the FSU lockerroom. And Jeff Bowden wasn't the one who was non-existant in the 2002 Miami game, when even a workman-like performance coupled with Greg Jones outstanding running would have been more than enough to knock off the defending national champions. There is no escaping the fact that Rix is simply not a premier quarterback capable of leading his team to big victories. Similarly, Belin was so bad that he lost two games (and could've easily lost two more) with a team that set a record with SIX first round NFL draft picks. In sum, Rix sucks and Berlin blows. Both Miami and FSU should be eagerly awaiting the day they rid themselves of these albatrosses and have Wright and Lee starting in their place going head-to-head.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

That is a GOT DAMN JOKE!! I am a very devoted FSU Fan and that is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #52
Rookie

Amen to that.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:22 PM   #53
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

In 2001 I looked at Rix, his size, speed, and agility and said this guy has it.

2002- I was like wait'll next year this this guys gonna be pretty good

2003- I'm like, alright dude you gotta step it up by now I really thought he would be one the best in the country, however at times he did play very well.

2004- This HAS to be his year otherwise he will go down as a very average QB, which is a shame because its seems he has all the tools.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #54
Rookie

This is all crap. I am tried of the excuses for Rix not coming up in the clutch and in big games. He is the worst qb FSU has had in a long time. That Miami game in which G.Jones ran all over them they should have won but Bowden didn't have any faith in him to pass the ball without making a mistake and I have NEVER seen Bowden do anything like that as to where he can't pass. I have seen T.Busby, D.Kanell, B.Johnson, C.Ward, P.T.Willis, C.Winkie, and all the other Qb's that have played at FSU and he is by far the worst. And I don't want to hear about this he had no talent crap, we always have wideouts and rb's and pumped up D's. He is the most turnover prone Qb since Ward's first year, he put us in bad positions with his play against Notre Dame, he threw those picks against Miami, it sure is funny that since he has been at QB we haven't been to a championship game and we went to the damn Gator Bowl!!! That is a joke. Hopefully he will get his head out of his [censored] this year and finally realize all this potential and talent everybody says he has and beat Miami!!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

We as FSU fans have been spoiled by Chris Winkie. Chris had to step in as a Freshman(redshirted) in an offense where it it takes a couple of years to learn efficiently. Also had to try and lead a team emotionally distraught by the loss of Devaugh Darling and the tranfering of his brother.

2001- Had to face one of the first Miami teams off probation and it showed. He also had no solid talent at reciever.Do You know where Talman Gardner and Robert Morgan are now. He still had a great season.

2002- Not a very good season, but the ND game was a JOKE. There were so many dropped balls it wasn't funny. Chris placed the ball right in thuer hands and they just dropped them. Even Anquan dropped a few.

2003- Rix had a veary good season. His only bad games were against Miami and Clemson. He also played well during the first half of the Orange bowl throwing one(or two) TDs. Jeff Bowden had no faith in Rix the rest of the game. After a coule of bad throws JB said scew this and handcuffed the offense. Why else would you strait up the middle in 3 and 5 situations and running up the middle with Leon Washington in the forth quarter.

If Rix can be blamed with anything it's trying to do too much and make the big play every down. Also the kid the most bad press w/o anyone ever really looking into them and just making assumptions. The kid could have and 400 yard game and 3 TDs, but if he sneezes and doesn't cover his mouth he's front page news in the sports section of USA Today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Rix isn't even one of the best QB's in the ACC, much less the country. The top QB's in the ACC would look something like this:

1) Whitehurst, Clemson
2) Durrant, NC
3) Randall, VT
4) Ball, GT

You sir, are insane. Comparing any of those guys to Rix is ridiculous with the exception of Whitehurst. Durant is good, but come one, Randall and Ball, please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »