Home

NCAA 10/11 PS2

This is a discussion on NCAA 10/11 PS2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 10/11 PS2

Did want to take over the NCAA 14 or 06 Thread with Questions so I started this one.I'm thinking of going back to PS2 for my NCAA fix. Just really enjoyed the game more on the PS2. I like to run with FCS teams(SWAC or MEAC schools as I went to Grambling) and build them up into a power. Questions I have are as follows regarding the PS2 version of NCAA 10 or 111. How is the recruiting set up? Similar to that of PS3? Or does it still use the budget?2. Does the recruting map start off small for the smaller schools like in old PS2 versions?3. Do you have to replace FBS teams with FCS teams for Dynasty mode?4. Do coaches get fired?5. What are the major flaws/glitches with these versions?Any additional input will greatly be accepted.4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 10/11 PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
Did want to take over the NCAA 14 or 06 Thread with Questions so I started this one.I'm thinking of going back to PS2 for my NCAA fix. Just really enjoyed the game more on the PS2. I like to run with FCS teams(SWAC or MEAC schools as I went to Grambling) and build them up into a power. Questions I have are as follows regarding the PS2 version of NCAA 10 or 111. How is the recruiting set up? Similar to that of PS3? Or does it still use the budget?2. Does the recruting map start off small for the smaller schools like in old PS2 versions?3. Do you have to replace FBS teams with FCS teams for Dynasty mode?4. Do coaches get fired?5. What are the major flaws/glitches with these versions?Any additional input will greatly be accepted.4.
1. Recruiting is no different in 10/11 than in the previous ps2 versions except (I think) you can recruit 15 player during the season instead of 12.

2. The same with the map. You will have your handful of pipeline states to work with.

3. You still have to replace D1 with D2 teams to use them in dynasty.

4. The hiring/firing process in 10/11 is no different than the previous versions. 10/11 for the ps2 has nothing in common with the ps3 version, only similar to the older games.

5. Jump the Snap, possible suspension bugs, option offenses are bugged due to the pitchman always going for the QB.

I know I am the one who will always endorse 06 but these games slowly got worse over time after that game. Remember that EA Sports concentrated their efforts on the PS3/360 games to not make a full effort on the PS2/XBOX counterparts. So don't expect these games to be better just because the rosters, playbooks, and uniforms are updated.

I hope you find one that you like though.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0

thanks for the information. Got something to think about now. Won't be getting the game or starting again with 07 until Spring time when I'm back in the states but when I do I will definetly make a Dynasty Thread in Dynasty HQ that will go until either the game or system gives out
Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had started to do some hardcore editing and preparation for an NCAA 07/Madden 07 PS2 dynasty when I learned that NCAA 11 was made for the PS2 and that you could import draft classes into Madden 12 for the PS2, which I also did not know was made!

Both NCAA 11 and Madden 12 are kind of rare in PS2 form but I went ahead and got them and am testing NCAA 11 right now.

I can tell you it FEELS a LOT like 07 down the pregame show/corso head gear selection and even the stadium noise bar!

I am very curious what is different in 11 other than the rosters. Were any bugs corrected? How does the 11 version stack up vs 06 and 07 which are my two favorites. The idea of a NCAA11/Madden 12 setup on the PS2 is very alluring.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

11 has some strong points, but like Volwalker stated after the 07 version of the PS2 series the option game is essentially broken. Deeper playbooks fro me are about the only reason to play the 09-11 games, plus the trigger jukes are quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »