Home

Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC?

This is a discussion on Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 AM   #1
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC?

Sorry if this has been asked before as this is one of the only times I've come to this forum, but why hasnt NCAA been put out on PC when its NFL counterpart has? This would be especially great since PC allows lots of customization which NCAA needs a lot of. If anyone knows, please answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC?

back in the late 90's it was on PC, but I don't think it sold well enough on PC to make it worth EA's dev time to port it to PC
Old 07-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I think the problem is demand.

The thing is, from what I've read, the XBox is very much like a PC. Of course, it's still a console, since everyone is playing on the same hardware, but I would think it wouldn't be much of a chore to do whatever minor changes need to be made in order to port it to PC.

But go down to best buy and take a look at the prices of the PC EA sport games vs their console counterparts. a $10 or more price difference tells me that they are having a hard time pushing the PC versions of their games even though the PC versions of certain titles are superior. So maybe it isn't cost effective to do the port when they don't sell a whole lot of PC games. I dunno.

I guess that most gamers don't want to game in front of a small(compared to a TV) PC monitor when they can game on the couch in front of a TV with appetizers and brews at their disposal.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

That and there's nothing like getting up on a Saturday morning firing up the PS2, putting college game day and any game later that day on in picture in picture and then not turning either off until midnight.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

TheMatrix said
Quote:

Sorry if this has been asked before as this is one of the only times I've come to this forum

with over 6,000 post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #6
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
Sorry if this has been asked before as this is one of the only times I've come to this forum, but why hasnt NCAA been put out on PC when its NFL counterpart has? This would be especially great since PC allows lots of customization which NCAA needs a lot of. If anyone knows, please answer.

This was one of the major reasons i got a PS2. I was tired of having no college football. I got madden every year, but it just isn't the same. Since then I've branched out in my ps2 games (gta 3 and vice city, nhl, mvp), but the only game i will buy every year is this one.

Just something to think about, if there was a PC version, we could add songs to be played during games (NHL 2001 had this feature), which means i could hear Auburn's real fight song, not to mention other AUMB classics. I think I would make the switch if they would do it, but i doubt it will ever happen.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I wouldn't make the switch, I much prefer my sports games on console than PC, just doesn't feel right to me on PC for some reason
Old 07-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

For the longest time, the only sports game I played on my PC was NASCAR Racing 2003 Season... Then I had an epiphany and got MVP Baseball 2004 for the PC. Especially after seeing the trouble the console gamers were having, I'm sure I made the right choice, the game plays so smooth after some tweaking to my liking. But NCAA Football on the PC would be absolutely killer. Hopefully EA pays attention to forums and threads like these, and realize there IS a market for college PC games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »