Home

Going from Madden to NCAA

This is a discussion on Going from Madden to NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5
Going from Madden to NCAA

looking for help, thoughts, and opinions. i'm a much bigger fan of the NFL than i am of college football. however, in terms of video games, i'm absolutely tired of Madden....it just bores me to the point i can't play it anymore; it's grown completely stale. i'm thinking about scooping up an NCAA game (for PS3). i haven't played a college football video game in nearly a decade. has anyone else made this "transition"? is NCAA a good game that will renew my interest in playing a football video game? looking forward to reading your thoughts. thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Going from Madden to NCAA

I am more of a college fan, but I love the NFL too. NCAA is so much more dynamic. More offenses, recruiting adds a ton of new elements each year and the ability to customize conferences are huge. I feel like I have to learn my teams strengths and weaknesses each year, where in Madden it is the exact same.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

^^^ Good stuff!!! sounds cool...
Old 10-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I can watch NFL games but do not follow them anywhere near like I do with college football and that is why I spend my gaming time on NCAA. With that said the game can get pretty easy after you invest a good amount of time with it. Good house rules will keep it fun and replay value high. Here are the ones I use (here).
Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA used to have an even better offseason than it does now, there was a spring game and you could assign who your impact players would be going into the season. They changed the recruiting in either 13 or 14, and since I'm used to the old fashioned way of phone calls and such, I'm still adjusting and grumbling about the newfangled system. But I still think it is the best dynasty/franchise mode in any sports game. And while the playoff system isn't in NCAA 14, there IS a thread that has a workaround to include it. I cba to go through the steps or risk major instability with it, so I haven't tried it, but it DOES exist which makes the replay value way high.

And it never gets old creating a superstar high school prospect in dynasty mode from the same city that your school's campus is on. Oh, yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's more fun to play out seasons over the long haul in NCAA versus Madden. Why? Because you end up with completely new players every 4-5 years. No matter how good you are, it's always a fun challenge to go out and find the guys you are gonna need to replace the guys who are leaving. Then once you recruit them its exceptionally fun to look forward to those guys developing and becoming key parts of your team. I can't wait to get through my games to find out who I'm gonna win in recruiting. Then I can't wait to get through the seasons to where these guys I recruited are the focal points of my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »