Home

ESPN has the game before you!

This is a discussion on ESPN has the game before you! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN has the game before you!

Quote:

fistofrage said:
Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
God do I hate Stuart Scott. He's gotta be dating someone important, because he is terrible. I can't think of anyone past or present who is as annoying as Stuart Scott on TV.

***** in the house(annoying choir boy voice)...He's the worst! I can't understand how this clown has any credibility in media circles.

If you think that Stu Scott is annoying waht about Chris Berman? He's even worse than Stuart Scott.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:16 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Stuart Scott is okay, but for me sometimes he just loses credibility for trying waaaay too hard to "act like a brotha" (I'm black so don't start that he's a racist stuff). I mean lately just about everything that comes out of his mouth has been messed up slang that really does irritate me sometimes. Don't even get me started about his "hugs and handpounds" line from Dream Job . The man just tries too hard for me and it ain't working.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:21 AM   #19
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Do you ever wonder how many copies are given out as "media promotions" from EA to celebrities alike?

I'd say about 200 copies are out in America.

I think you're stretching it a bit to call this Steve Van Pelt guy a celebrity.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Spanky said:
Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Do you ever wonder how many copies are given out as "media promotions" from EA to celebrities alike?

Just about any well known Sportscenter anchor is a celebrity.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:25 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
Quote:

Spanky said:
Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:

Just about any well known Sportscenter anchor is a celebrity.

I agree because SC is a huge show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Quint75 said:
Quote:

scott van pelt just closed sportscenter by saying:
"i got the 2005 ncaa college football, i gotta go"
its a takeover

I heard Van Pelt on ESPN radio a few months ago talking about NCAA 2004. He is absolutely addicted to the game, a bonified OS'er in waiting. He talked in detail about his dynasty team. I forget which (small) school it was, but he ended up getiing the team's real starting QB on the phone and asking the guy how he should use him in the game. It was hysterical. He must have talked about the game for 45-60 minutes. This is when he was subbing for The Dan Patrick Show, so it was during a VERY heavy listening time. I've liked him ever since.

Yeah, when ESPN News did a feature on NCAA 2005 a few weeks ago (interviewed Aaron Boulding from IGN), the anchor mentioned that there were a couple SportsCenter guys that were straight-up ADDICTED to Dynasty Mode and would bug everyone else at ESPN about it. I know he mentioned VanPelt was one of them, but I can'r recall the other SportsCenter anchor that they mentioned. It'd be fun as hell to go through a multiplayer Dynasty with one of those guys --- just use an AR to transfer the Dynasty file back and forth. It would be a mess trying to do the off-season stuff, though. Ah well... it's cool to see that there are other schmucks as addicted to this game as I am!

Old 07-07-2004, 11:41 AM   #23
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah Scott is horrific to watch.

Then again, all sportscenter sucks.

I want highlights and stuff like that, not stupid gameshows, or wierd investigative outside the lines crap. Show me who scored what touchdowns, who went for a triple double, etc. Not BooYah, the hot seat, or whatever.

Why do they keep subjecting us to "ESPN Shorts". WTF do they think they are HBO?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

green, i semi agree. i like the OTL stuff, but only on their 60 minutes airtime not during sportscenter.

unforunately I cant really watch espn news right now, my cable is messed up, so im stuck with SC for now.

EN is way better if you want straight facts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »