Home

Can you feel my pain ???

This is a discussion on Can you feel my pain ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 07:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can you feel my pain ???

what a night!

I was off work tonight/this morning (work the very late shift until 5 am most days) and I'm really getting psyched about the new game.

Well, so I bust out 04 for some good old fashioned recruit a powerhouse, smash em up kind of fun.

I get to about 2006 before a storm knocks out power. This was way earlier in the evening and I at least had a feeling it might happen.

So I try again, I'm into my first game as Purdue VS E. Mich in the 2007 campaing and I'm up 35-7 on Heisman defaults and I'm just tearing it up on the ground and in the air.

When BLAM, out goes the power. So I call the power company and they tell me they had to take us offline for a few minutes in order to fix something that wasn't totally fixed during the "quick fix" of last night's repairs. Those bastards!!! How am I gonna replace Andre Dawson (SS 95 ovr), Maurice Sutherland (QB with 82 spd), or Chase Banks (the 6'2" super freak HB with 88 spd and hella break tackle) and a slew of WR's in the mid 80's with speeds ranging from 96 to 98.

WHY God WHY!?!?!?!

Anyway, I felt like ranting to the board. But I'd be interested to hear some other horror stories.

My other story was a fit of drunken stupidity when I clicked "no" to save dynasty as I backed out after winning several big games

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Can you feel my pain ???

Think that's bad...at least it wasn't your fault you lost progress. I was in year 11 and having a heck of a time just drinking some beer and playing NCAA. Next day I woke up after sleeping off the bender and go to play my Dynasty and it's just 100% gone. The weird thing is I know I didn't delete it cuz even drunk i'm not that dumb. I think maybe I turned off the PS2 while saving it and it just caused the file to be lost is all I can figure out. So then I just never played dynasty again and went to 100% online play.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

preclose said:
How am I gonna replace Andre Dawson (SS 95

I would suggest moving Ryne Sandberg into his slot.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

LOL, being a huge Cubs fan I noticed this as funny and odd when I recruited him. Well, I gotta tell you, since AD left the majors he's been working out and has turned into a hoss. I don't know how well he can throw to the plate these days but I'm pretty sure if a baserunner strayed into the OF he'd put a likin' on them.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

preclose said:
How am I gonna replace Andre Dawson (SS 95

I would suggest moving Ryne Sandberg into his slot.

No love for Mark Grace, the hell with that, bring in the GOOSE!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »