Home

Stuff like this is going to force EA to scrap roster editing ........

This is a discussion on Stuff like this is going to force EA to scrap roster editing ........ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 11:46 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Stuff like this is going to force EA to scrap roster editing ....

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
EA wont get in trouble but the NCAA will see that people are making money off of this and instead of them, and they may tell EA to take it out. WE all know th eNCAA doesnt know anything about videogames anyway. And just remember whose idea it was to take out tearing down the goal posts in 2004.

NCAA may not know much about videogames but i'm sure they know that if it may affect the size of their check they get from EA maybe they don't care as much either. Until anyone raises a big stink about it like a student athlete it ain't gonna be rockin' the boat cuz everyone benefits from it, NCAA, EA and the fans. Only losers are, as usual, the players. But then alot of them make up for that in the NFL.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:56 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't think the players lose. They are ON the game. Its just like with college football, they are supposed to just play....oh wait they get money from boosters and cars....LOL....well maybe OS should slip some money under the table to some of the top players.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:48 AM   #19
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

The NCAA is overly anal about every little thing. That's why the NCAA telling EA to take the edit ability out could easily happen. Plus, notice all the other issues going on around with the internet that are somewhat similiar, like downloading music. The NCAA will go after anything that isn't right as rain in their view, no matter what the players think.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

brahmagoul said:
The NCAA is overly anal about every little thing. That's why the NCAA telling EA to take the edit ability out could easily happen. Plus, notice all the other issues going on around with the internet that are somewhat similiar, like downloading music. The NCAA will go after anything that isn't right as rain in their view, no matter what the players think.

That's apples and oranges. No one except the people downloading music (and indie bands) really profits from music downloads. The NCAA would have to be idiots to know that sales would go down if people could only use #'s and not names. You don't kill the golden goose that lays the golden eggs.

As for the fans rushing the field and the NCAA being anal, that is also different. Thats about image and possible lawsuits from injured fans, neither of which would apply in the names on NCAA 2005 roster situation. In fact it helps the NCAA that people enjoy the game more cuz of the names if anything. I personally think the NCAA knows people edit the names but they don't care. It's really no different than buying an NCAA jersey and having a name put on the back of a player. They're still making $ and the consumer can personalize the product however they like. As long as no players sue for a cut because of something like that it will not change I don't believe.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:13 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I bet the NCAA gets a ton of cash to let gaming companies use the schools in their games. I dont think they will mess too much with EA. Personally I see the NCAA like those losers that ride around your neighborhood looking for violations to turn into your HOA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 01:24 AM   #22
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I've noticed that when you order a college jersey with a name on it, the company has also stated no names and matching numbers for the likeness of a real player. That, to me, was one sign of the high possibility the NCAA could try to hinder the editing feature. As far as storming the field goes, yes I agree lawsuits and imitating the game would be the NCAA's excuse. But I don't think it's an excuse with much weight to it.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:26 AM   #23
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

nivek said:
I doubt EA would scrap editing...this is a GAME KILLER for some hardcore NCAA players.

I don't think there is a game killer, and I'd play it even without named rosters, but if they got rid of editing, I'd be very pissed off. It just sounds right when they say names rather than numbers
Old 07-09-2004, 08:43 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wonder if it's cough "roster thief" cough...

Sorry but that is about as bad as virtual girlfriends on ebay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »