Home

Talk about Steve's impressions here

This is a discussion on Talk about Steve's impressions here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #65
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Talk about Steve\'s impressions here

actually the ps2 had much better catching, my opinion is perfect.
on xbox the drops are like a bug, trust me, they aren`like ohh ok...2 or 3, they are like WIDE open...like something is missing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

booker21 said:
on xbox the drops are like a bug, trust me, they aren`like ohh ok...2 or 3, they are like WIDE open...like something is missing

Well if it wasent like that in the PS2 verson I stand corrected then. I figured it would be the same in both games. I know for a fact it was bad in Xbox, not bad enough where I didnt want to play but still bad at times. I dont mind drops, but a lot of them were just wide open drops. Espcially screens to the wr or rb with a ton of daylight if he catches it...that would just make me sick.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #67
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

FloridaGamer said:
Why do you guys go apesh*t over impressions? This is seriously the saddest exhibition I've ever seen on an internet forum. Is Steve some kind of Football God or something? I dont get it.

.....then dont come here.

And for everyone else: i dont know what the guy from ign was talking about when he said 62-man rosters were the limit, but steve just confirmed the 70 again. thank God.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 AM   #68
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

booker21 said:

I seriously doubt that there is a difference in WR catching the ball and dropping the ball between PlayStation 2 and XBOX. They are the same game, same programs, same animations same ratings. People's views just get SO biased because someone may play a PS2 for 6 years on dynasty, and then start one on XBOX play a few years, have some bad games where more balls are dropped and then all of a sudden, more balls are dropped because its being played on XBOX.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:30 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Gagnon39 said:
Quote:

booker21 said:

I seriously doubt that there is a difference in WR catching the ball and dropping the ball between PlayStation 2 and XBOX. They are the same game, same programs, same animations same ratings. People's views just get SO biased because someone may play a PS2 for 6 years on dynasty, and then start one on XBOX play a few years, have some bad games where more balls are dropped and then all of a sudden, more balls are dropped because its being played on XBOX.

I agree. It's just lies IMO.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #70
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Steve's been really high on the in-game ratings swings with confidence. I get the impression that's the biggest improvement from last year. I hope it doesn't get ridiculous in the game with interception on a QB, but could make a difference from a blowout or a close game. Because these swings in confidence affect ratings, I wonder if it's only for that game or can carry over into the the next? Sounds like a good question to ask, but he might not be able to answer it if he's only playing exhibition games. Might have to wait til dynasty to find out.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #71
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

FloridaGamer said:
Why do you guys go apesh*t over impressions? This is seriously the saddest exhibition I've ever seen on an internet forum. Is Steve some kind of Football God or something? I dont get it.

STEVE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 08:14 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

brahmagoul said:
Steve's been really high on the in-game ratings swings with confidence. I get the impression that's the biggest improvement from last year. I hope it doesn't get ridiculous in the game with interception on a QB, but could make a difference from a blowout or a close game. Because these swings in confidence affect ratings, I wonder if it's only for that game or can carry over into the the next? Sounds like a good question to ask, but he might not be able to answer it if he's only playing exhibition games. Might have to wait til dynasty to find out.

Composure and confidence does carry over from game to game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »