Home

ESPN's Van Pelt says only 30-35 5 star recruits now !

This is a discussion on ESPN's Van Pelt says only 30-35 5 star recruits now ! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 06:39 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: ESPN\'s Van Pelt says only 30-35 5 star recruits now !

Quote:

BJNT said:
Quote:

Deegeezy said:He also said that you will occasionally see highly regarded recruits who don't commit to any school. He was told by the people at EA that this equates to them not qualifying.

If this is true. I wonder if it means that we'll see those players a year or two later as junior college recruits. In real life majority players who are not able to qualify coming out of high school go to a junior college to get their grades up so they can get into a top school.

that would be pretty cool to see them as JUCO's.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

speaking of recruits, last year some states had only about 10 recruits which isn't realistic. I say more 1 or 2 star recruits.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #19
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Superstar said:
what's Van Pelt's name on Terp Times? Gosh I hate to think he is one of their "regular" posters as that board of filth is a prime example of message board fans who accurately reflect the whole fanbase.

yep...uva oozes with class.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #20
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

um last time I checked Terp Times every post involved UVA.... check the Sabre do you see any UMD post? No, I didn't think so.... And speaking of class your university president disses other schools.... Go back to your rioting at least yall do that well.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #21
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

gabulldog said:
This might make a huge deal especially with the expanded rosters. In real life, a good team might have one or two true freshman start, and maybe about 5 who get decent playing time. But in last year's game, often a third or half of the teams starters were true freshman. Also, freshman often came in rated so high that they could make an immediate huge impact. In real life, this is very rare. So making freshmen worse across the board and having expanded rosters will make it more realistic in the sense that true freshman won't be gamebreakers anymore.

This could also have something to do with the HFA thing to since less higher rated freshman makes less studs right away and if you play say a 2-3 star player right away he may lose his composure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 07:33 PM   #22
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

very good point.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #23
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Superstar said:
um last time I checked Terp Times every post involved UVA.... check the Sabre do you see any UMD post? No, I didn't think so.... And speaking of class your university president disses other schools.... Go back to your rioting at least yall do that well.

sure do have a lot of pent of anger dont we? I wonder what the source of that anger is. Maybe you're just having a bad day.

cheer up. you guys will win something important eventually.

As for Scott Van Pelt he's very active at Maryland. Is always around at Homecoming and big events.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:09 PM   #24
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

I'm sorry, I was having a good day until you went and tried to pick a fight.... oh by the way jackasses usually don't last too long on these boards so I'm just lending you a helping hand. Now can we please get back on topic and just ignore the little child jumping up and down saying fear the turtle?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »