Home

How long does it take you to finish a season?

This is a discussion on How long does it take you to finish a season? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: How long does it take you to finish a season?

When the game first comes out, I usually play about 1 season every week. When Madden/ESPN come out, it drops to about 1 every 3 weeks. Once real football starts up, I'm doing good to get 1 season a month in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 08:16 AM   #26
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
God damn. I guess I'm the crazy one cause it takes me a month at least to play a whole season.

Me too. I'd say I play a game every few nights. I'd finish much, much sooner if there was an in-game save, but as it is, I have to set aside blocks of time to play the way I like to play.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:21 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16

I usually don't start playing Madden and NCAA until September, which means that school has started again, and I can only play one game per day in the morning. I like to play my NCAA and Madden seasons consecutively, and chronologically - so that when I am playing in October of 2007 in NCAA, I am playing in October of 2007 in Madden. This allows me to do the off-seasons together (which I love) with draft class exports, etc.

The connectivity between Madden and NCAA is what makes these games so enjoyable...
Old 07-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #28
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

In my dynasty with my roomate at college usually takes us exactly 10 days. But we only play 3 minute quarters so it goes by quickly. 30 games in 10 days, so 1.5 a day for me. But its more like 5 in a day, then a few days off, etc.

To start the summer though by myself I'll definatly have my first year completed by the end of next weekend. Tues-Sun, I may even get 2 years done. Time flies on 3 minute quarters.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #29
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

davep said:
a couple of weeks...i can't play 2 games in a row, it loses its luster and I don't enjoy it as much. i must be getting old, i'm not as excited as years past for video games.

Man, I'm the exact same way. Even last year when '04 came out, I took the day off from work when it came out and played it for 10 hours that day. I always used to reserve sports games like 2 months in advance, read about them for hours a day on the net. Now I don't really care. I just reserved the game yesterday, and until a friend told me it came out next Tuesday I really had no clue when it was coming out. I didn't even reserve College Hoops or ESPN Baseball, and didn't get ESPN Baseball until a week after it had been out. No way in hell I'd ever done that in the past.

It'll be interesting to see if I still keep up with my pace of playing alot of games. I did pretty good with baseball games this year, and with college basketball last year. But at times it feels like I'm forcing myself to play videogames even though I don't enjoy them as much anymore. Growing up is a biatch.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Normally a week, but the very 1st weekend with the game...........4-5 seasons done total that one weekend
Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #31
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

It really depends. I cannot and will not play a Dynasty without names. So, that one week right there. Also, I am usually playing in a multiplayer dynasty. So depending on the schedule of the other person we can be done anywhere from one to two weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #32
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

takes anywhere from 1.5 to 2 weeks for me. Game a day, roughly....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »