Home

Best way to throw the jump ball

This is a discussion on Best way to throw the jump ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Best way to throw the jump ball

I've had success with lobbing,the medium throw, and bulleting the pass to a big athletic wide receiver trying to "Moss" the shorter CB. Is there a specific way to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by blockdownkickout; 11-25-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best way to throw the jump ball

i find that a lob press works best to get your player to do a "jumping type" animation, it also depends on the ratings of the WR of course, Jump, catch, spec catch, etc ratings. Also letting the CPU catch it rather than you try to user catch it will allow for a greater range of animations to play out.

if you are talking soley about the endzone fade route, i have always had the best success throwing to a tall receiver preferably spread out wide all alone on his side of the formation. snap the ball and allow a half second to pass and wait for the receiver to break out of his slant cut and if you lob it right when he makes the cut to the outside the receiver should go up and sky for the ball over the defender (or the defender may make a jumping play to swat the ball or tackle the receiver) again it works best if you let the CPU try to catch it to get the best jumpball animations as the game has some pretty good looking ones ( i like when the receiver catches it but the DB is able to wrestle the ball out as he tries to bring in the catch). If you try to user it you will likely just do that animation where the receiver barely jumps and just puts both hands above their head, hope that helps.

tl;dr, lob the pass.

Last edited by pujolsformvp21; 11-26-2015 at 06:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »