Home

Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

This is a discussion on Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5
Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

It's just so simple to figure out people.

If you play five or six minute quarters and it is the start of the fourth the CPU only has that much time to score. In real life when there is Five minutes left in the game and a team is down but 7 or 10 you may only see like 2 running plays if they are havin a good drive downfield

so thats why you need to start playing 8 min or 9 min because with anything else the CPU feels rushed.

If you dont have time for that....stop cring because it is yo fault...you all want the game to be so realistic....well......it is. they abandon the run because they have to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

The AI will abandon the run in the first freaking quarter if you shut it down early. (Not just in the 4th quarter)
hopefully this is not the case 2005.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
The AI will abandon the run in the first freaking quarter if you shut it down early. (Not just in the 4th quarter)

maybe it knows your playing 5 minute qrts. and has only 13 minutes to get 4 td's.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Quote:

Skyboxer said:

maybe it knows your playing 5 minute qrts. and has only 13 minutes to get 4 td's.

I've never played 5 minute quarters. 9 at the fewest...and the score could be 0-0 and the AI will not run.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

The main problem is that the CPU is incapable of running the ball on any level.(And don't give me that garbage about adjusting the sliders. I've done that and can still hold the CPU to an average of 20 yds/game.)

I LOVE NCAA, but this is a major problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

When I was a lower ranked team I would often get run on, over, and around. I would play 8 minute quarters on Heisman and was giving up about 100-150 yds a game.

When my team reached 5/6 star status...then it would go down to between 30-50 yds a game. Mostly due to my offense being able to score points, my defense not allowing the long play anymore (due to team speed & better wrapping up), and the fact I would start getting 5+ sacks a game.

This is an absurd post anyways. Nobody is crying, it is a valid conclusion after playing over 100 games that the computer running game is not what it should be at the college level. I believe sliders fixed some of the problem, but the profiles were heavily weighted towards pass once the computer was down 10+...even if it was the 1st quarter.

It was almost like a 2nd half profile was used for both halves...thus creating computer panic when they are down 14-0 halfway through the 1st.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

I played 11 minute quarters last year and there was still not enough running.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #8
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

9 min quaters here and the cpu still has trouble running. When they did run they give the fb more carries than the rb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »