Home

What is your most epic comeback

This is a discussion on What is your most epic comeback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #17
Rookie

Zaky29's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is your most epic comeback

I was playing in the Fiesta Bowl against Alabama with a Teambuilder team on NCAA 13. Alabama was up 6-3 inside of a minute and lined up in field goal formation on fourth down, and could've let the clock run out. Thanks to questionable CPU playcalling, instead of running out the clock, they kicked the field goal with 16 seconds or so left. One deep pass got me to around midfield with 7 seconds to go. Got in the endzone on another deep pass on the next play with one tick on the clock to miraculously win 10-9.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #18
Just started!

I was Memphis playing the Sooners in the Big 12 championship game. I wanna say this was my 8th year in Memphis. I was a turn over machine that game, a total of seven turnovers, two fumbles coming off kick returns and a bunch on bad pitches I made. I was down 56-28 going into the 4th with 5 minute quarters and OU had the ball.

I really just played "the heck with it" football. I called crap I never called before and played the most up tempo, balls to the wall, not a care in the world offense because I was upset with my turn overs and thought I had already lost.

Never before and never since have I recovered an on side kick, but was able to recover two on side kicks that game. The assist of a pick six due to Stoops running a play action on first down while up 14 helped greatly. My favorite game ever. Someday I'll tell my grand kids about it when I'm running the read option on their butt in NCAA '60.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #19
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
#16 Rutgers v #17 Penn State.

After 6 interceptions, I was down 48-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Penn State's defense was absolutely dominating me. All of a sudden, everything went 180. I scored 6 straight touchdowns while shutting out the offenses. Ended up winning 49-48.

This is evidence that the game is broken. 6 INTs in 2.5 quarters is absurd, and as happens in every game I play, the CPU goes the full tard in the 2nd half, no matter what the score is. It was horsespit to get down 48-7 and horsespit to come back and win.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #20
Rookie

Zaky29's Arena

I rescind my previous response because I just topped it today.

Starting a new OD with a friend. I was New Mexico playing against SMU. I was down 34-8 early in the third quarter, and I had pretty much given up. This "given-up-ness" for lack of a better word drove me to run the one throwback screen out of the Wildcat. It scored a touchdown somehow. Never amassed more than five yards on that play. They would turn around and throw a pick which would set us up at the 25, leading to a score. Next drive. Another pick. Started at the six and scored two plays later. Suddenly it's 34-29.

The Mustangs would drive the field and score again. We scored on our next drive, so it was 41-36 early in the fourth. We would force them to punt it, and we would score with a little more than two minutes left. So with a 44-41 lead, SMU drove into field goal range but got sacked to push them out of field goal range on fourth down. They would score a 40-yard touchdown with fifty seconds to go, retaking a 48-44 lead. We would get a good return to the 41 yard line, drive the field in 23 seconds and take the lead for good, winning 51-48. I have never come back from as big of a deficit as 26 points ever.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 AM   #21
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
This is evidence that the game is broken. 6 INTs in 2.5 quarters is absurd, and as happens in every game I play, the CPU goes the full tard in the 2nd half, no matter what the score is. It was horsespit to get down 48-7 and horsespit to come back and win.
Theres tons of ways the game is broken like this. For example, with a team that is a 52 overall I can lose to #1 Alabama 38-28 (would have been three point loss if not for a late pic...maybe even a win), then I get blown out by Arkansas State.

With a 63 overall team I beat FAU 27-13...realistic. Then I win two weeks later 77-24 against North Texas who is 20 points better than me. I had to make sure I didn't accidentally change it to "freshman."

The game picks and chooses when to be difficult, sometimes it feels like player ratings don't matter at all...it just goes "nah you deserve this one, have at it!"

Still love the game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »