Home

Construction In Progress

This is a discussion on Construction In Progress within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0
Construction In Progress

I'm rebuilding a recruiting spreadsheet I made to give myself a more robust view of my dynasty. The tools apply house rules I have set and help me play a deeper dynasty without having to spend a ton of time researching, as my time to play is limited.

I have attached the spreadsheet, but not the Access database that it pulls data through. The base data is from the export option of the DB Editor. I'd love to get opinions and suggestions. I'm planning on starting a new dynasty after I get my rebuild complete on the tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RecruIQ.zip (370.3 KB, 88 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Construction In Progress

This is a heck of a spreadsheet and puts to shame anything I have ever constructed. I would love to see what you churn out for a final project, my friend.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Not sure I'll ever get done working on this, but I think I have it where I'm ready to start a new dynasty with it. Would love ideas and feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RecruIQ.zip (1.81 MB, 28 views)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Not sure I'll ever get done working on this, but I think I have it where I'm ready to start a new dynasty with it. Would love ideas and feedback.
I did not see any formulas on the RecruitIQ sheet. How did you determine which recruited could be recruited? Same thing for determining available jobs.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovenfisher24
I did not see any formulas on the RecruitIQ sheet. How did you determine which recruited could be recruited? Same thing for determining available jobs.
The spreadsheet has changed a bit since then, but it was pulling the raw data through an Access database where the calculations were being performed. The spreadsheet would have too many calculations to be usable otherwise. The basis of the calculations are on the setup tab. For recruits, they are awarded points based on the criteria on there. Each recruit was given a score based on their star rating in relation to my school's prestige using the modifiers there. If a recruit rated higher than the school, I could not recruit.

I've since reworked the spreadsheet to not use the database. I now use a pair of spreadsheets. The first does the behind the scenes calculations, and the second is the more functional spreadsheet for playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Don't know how I missed this when this was originally posted. But, that spreadsheet looks great.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Here's the current version. I'm getting ready to start a new dynasty, so there isn't much in it yet. I created my own editor config that I use to export several tables into .csv files. The Step 1 and Step 2 files are linked to the .csv and can be updated using the refresh data button. Those two files calculate much of the data, then I copy and paste the appropriate sections into the RecruIQ file for the season.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EU?usp=sharing

Last edited by FarFromEer; 02-24-2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Bad link
Old 02-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Here's the current version. I'm getting ready to start a new dynasty, so there isn't much in it yet. I created my own editor config that I use to export several tables into .csv files. The Step 1 and Step 2 files are linked to the .csv and can be updated using the refresh data button. Those two files calculate much of the data, then I copy and paste the appropriate sections into the RecruIQ file for the season.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/freaz3nx3...ObSa3_PSa?dl=0
Cool idea!!! I tried to open the link, but it said access denied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »