Home

2 new things happened last night in 2004

This is a discussion on 2 new things happened last night in 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2 new things happened last night in 2004

I will have 2005 as soon as EA ships it, but for now I am playing a Dynasty with my son. We are playing on All-American with default slider settings and 6 minute quarters. My son is Texas and I am Navy, we are in the 3rd year of our dynasty. I witnessed 2 things last night that I have never witnessed playing this game (I have probably played around 200+ games). First I was playing Michigan and the final stats for Michigan were 28 rushes and 11 passes. Funny thing is, I beat them 38-7. I have never seen the computer run that much before. The second thing was something that Lee Corso said. My tailback broke around the outside and took it to the house and I think Herbstreit said saomething about how did he do it. Corso then said they had all the "Buffet Bashers" in to plug up the hole and they were unable to catch him. I have played tons of games and can't recall once hearing the term "Buffet Bashers." My son thought it was very funny.

Just think I am about to get 2005 and I am starting to find things new with 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2 new things happened last night in 2004

thats tight i have never witnessed neither but if they had they comment by corso it should be on 2005 because it seems like they just keep on recycling them over and over
Old 07-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

sweettouch said:
thats tight i have never witnessed neither but if they had they comment by corso it should be on 2005 because it seems like they just keep on recycling them over and over

EA Sports said they have new commentary for 2005
Old 07-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

dewagne said:
I will have 2005 as soon as EA ships it, but for now I am playing a Dynasty with my son. We are playing on All-American with default slider settings and 6 minute quarters. My son is Texas and I am Navy, we are in the 3rd year of our dynasty. I witnessed 2 things last night that I have never witnessed playing this game (I have probably played around 200+ games). First I was playing Michigan and the final stats for Michigan were 28 rushes and 11 passes. Funny thing is, I beat them 38-7. I have never seen the computer run that much before. The second thing was something that Lee Corso said. My tailback broke around the outside and took it to the house and I think Herbstreit said saomething about how did he do it. Corso then said they had all the "Buffet Bashers" in to plug up the hole and they were unable to catch him. I have played tons of games and can't recall once hearing the term "Buffet Bashers." My son thought it was very funny.

Just think I am about to get 2005 and I am starting to find things new with 2004.

I have heard that corso quote, but i've played 10 minute quarter games and thrown the ball 5 times before so...
Old 07-09-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Reading part of my post I realize that it may have been a little mis-leading. I was playing against Michigan and they had 28 rushing attempts and only 11 passing attempts. Plus since I was ahead the whole time I am surprised they didn't just ditch the run and try to pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

dewagne said:
Reading part of my post I realize that it may have been a little mis-leading. I was playing against Michigan and they had 28 rushing attempts and only 11 passing attempts. Plus since I was ahead the whole time I am surprised they didn't just ditch the run and try to pass.

I also had the same sort of thing happen against USC last night (which i posted somewhere in one of the other threads), they didnt start really throwing until there were just a few minutes left in the game. I've had a lot of games where the CPU either abandons the run too quickly, or won't let it go.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

I've seen it before, it seems like some teams just quit when they get down, like they are demoralized. It happens more often when I smack around a good team, as bad and average teams will throw 40-some times to try to score, but it's like good teams are shocked that they are getting their arses handed to them and give up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »