Home

No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!!

This is a discussion on No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!!

"IF ITS IN THE GAME... ITS IN THE GAME!"

...but its not in the game, at least for now its not. so if you dislike this part that much dont buy it, dont come complaining to the people who dont make the game, email EA or something. but if you still buy the game and dont want North Texas and Fresno State to dominate then beat them....regular season, post season...whatever just do it and stop crying you big babies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 08:19 PM   #26
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Hopefully with the expanded rosters to 70, teams like Florida State won't fade so quickly, they will be able to add some of the highly regarded freshman that sometimes they had to leave out because these teams were so loaded with good seniors and juniors.

Also, there have been talks in other threads about the quantity of 5 star players being reduced. Hopefully that will slow down the recruiting of the North Texas' of the world.

I like the idea of playing against some of those schools anyways and beating them.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, I'm not crying...I am just saying, EA had it in before, and now they have taken it out.
Valid point about the reduction of 5 star recruits and expanded rosters, maybe that will make a diffrence. I also think that if you are in a "mid major" conference, your prestige should peek out at 5 stars, maybe even four.
And for those of you "pure players" out there that say THERE ARE NO PLAYOFFS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, SO IT'S NOT IN THE GAME!!!!
Then what about......
Mascot Games???? Seen any of these played during the season??
Collecting Pennants?? Those aren't in the game!!!
All-time teams??? No way they could play together!!!
But they are there, as an OPTION.
chill me friends.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #28
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

elicoleman said:
I want full realism in my game, and doesn't look like the Playoffs are going to be around anytime soon so just go ahead and give me my BCS

I completely agree. I want my dynasty to be a realistic as possible.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:49 AM   #29
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

zephyr13 said:
Quote:

elicoleman said:
I want full realism in my game, and doesn't look like the Playoffs are going to be around anytime soon so just go ahead and give me my BCS

I completely agree. I want my dynasty to be a realistic as possible.

That's the way I feel as well. I remember someone mentioning that you could have a playoff option in 2005 and my first reactin was, "Not for long if the NCAA hears about it." I knew it would be taken out and I was okay with that. Honestly, if you play LSU, Michigan, and Florida State in your regular season, then you are taking those three out of the running and opening up the door for North Texas, San Diego State, Fresno State to be in the BCS mix. Like a poster said before me, "Would you rather play LSU in week four, or in a BCS bowl game?" Of course, you can always 'coach' those schools and have recruiting rules for them i.e. only two five/four star recruits a year, and the rest three star or below AND in your home state. That would make it more realistic and probably challenge your recruiting skills while looking for those sleepers. Now that I have thought of it . . . I might try that myself.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:59 AM   #30
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

AggieJay said:
Hey, I'm not crying...I am just saying, EA had it in before, and now they have taken it out.
Valid point about the reduction of 5 star recruits and expanded rosters, maybe that will make a diffrence. I also think that if you are in a "mid major" conference, your prestige should peek out at 5 stars, maybe even four.
And for those of you "pure players" out there that say THERE ARE NO PLAYOFFS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, SO IT'S NOT IN THE GAME!!!!
Then what about......
Mascot Games???? Seen any of these played during the season??
Collecting Pennants?? Those aren't in the game!!!
All-time teams??? No way they could play together!!!
But they are there, as an OPTION.
chill me friends.

All your examples are game play modes, not franchise options.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:12 AM   #31
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Jim Mora voice on
"Playoffs, Playoffs, we're talking about the playoffs?"
Jim Mora voice off

I think the Play-off option got taken out because of the BCS. The NCAA wants you to accept the BCS as the only way to a championship because they are making a Crapload of money off of it (Pardon my french). They made EA take out tearing down the goalposts it's not hard to imagine they made them take out Playoffs.

In Dynasty can't you play other teams games? just play one or 2 North Texas games or Fresno State games. Heck if one of them is undefeated or near the top of the BCS just play their last game of the season and beat them.

by the way I think Madden should have the bowls system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 02:08 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

AggieJay said:
The one last element that could of made this game perfect will not be in this year...NO PLAYOFF option.
According to the webmaster at pigskin-gaming.com he said that there is not this option in for your dynasty (a question I asked Steve about last night, but he was holding off Dynasty questions till the weekend).
EA had this option a couple of years back and I don't see why that don't bring it back for those that are sick of the BCS, or having to play North Texas (or Fresno State, TCU, etc..) in the National Championship every other year.
All I can guess is that in their contract with the NCAA or the bowls, that they were not allowed to add this for fear that it would strike up more controversy over the sham that the BCS is.
Of course I'll still buy the game (crack addict that I am) but this is a bit of a let down.

And I am surprised that you even thought it would be in the game. I mean come on, if the NCAA isn't gonna have it in real life, do you think they would let EA put it in the game? Welcome to reality. Start getting used to stuff like this. More or less, if it isn't in real life, it won't be in the game, so don't get your hopes up as much anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »