Home

Need y'alls input....

This is a discussion on Need y'alls input.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
Need y\'alls input....

Myself and 4 other buddies of mine are going to start a dynasty in NCAA 2005 this week. We are all good, evenly matched players who want a challenge but yet want to all start off on equal footing in the dynasty. Keep in mind, we are all very competitive people. We decided that we'd play All American at first, and that all 5 of us would start off split up among the 5 non-BCS conferences (CUSA, MAC, WAC, Sunbelt, Mountain West) with really bad teams. However, we've run into a roadblock in getting the teams evenly matched, and this is where y'all come in.

In the CUSA, MAC, WAC, and Mountain West, there were a plethora of 2-star prestige teams in 2004 and probably will be likewise in 05, but in the Sunbelt, every single team is 1-star prestige. Question: Do y'all think it matters if 4 guys in a dynasty starts off with 2-star prestige teams, while 1 guy gets a 1-star team, even if the ratings for the players on all 5 teams are just about even? Keep in mind that team prestige affects recruiting and team goals, etc.

Any other ideas from a general standpoint on how to start a competitive multiplayer dynasty with all members on equal footing at the start? Have any of y'all run into the same thing? Any stories, tips, etc would be appreciated...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need y\'alls input....

We have done this before with one star teams. North Texas and SJSU have been the one star teams of choice generally. People like Ohio or Kent for this.

If you do start with one star programs North Texas is really. Generally just simming games you can have them winning national titles in just a few years.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
C*m* *n y** Sp*rs!

TheEnglishHombre's Arena

OVR: 12

I think if the 5th guy uses North Texas, you should be solid. IMO, they should'nt be a 1 star team this year. They've won the SBC, what, 3 years in a row, like 18 straight conference wins. They actually could be TOO easy to win with, as the rest of the SBC is so bad, much worse than any other conf. Maybe, instead of taking N. Texas, try Navy. They will be 1 or 2 stars, and you can make the schedule as easy or as hard as you want, to balance out the difficulty.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

North Texas is 2 stars this yr, we are a program on the rise. Every yr we will get better and better.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #5
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

why dont you just all play in the Sunbelt? that way, you are all one-star teams and you all play each other in conference games....

just a suggestion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 02:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

PsychoGREEN1 said:
North Texas is 2 stars this yr, we are a program on the rise. Every yr we will get better and better.

Give it a rest already. Heres a recap. We know you are a NT fan and that they are the greatest team on the game and should win the NC every year.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #7
Rookie

k911, I never said that... I DON'T think they should win the NC. But yes, I am a fan.

BTW, I was just saying that NT was 2 stars this yr... where did I say they are the greatest team, etc...?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

jcarr71's Arena

He's referring to the fact that 95% of your posts refer to North Texas in some way, shape, or form. Its called hyperbole. I must agree with him though, its kind of annoying. I suppose its harmless though.

Anyway, a fun multiplayer dynasty is taking over the really bad Sun Belt teams together. North Texas is too easy to win with because of the game's flawed system, so they are always banned from choice when we do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »