Home

10 first impressions...(Long)

This is a discussion on 10 first impressions...(Long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 10 first impressions...(Long)

Hey McCOy sorry if this has been asked but you said most of the celebrations are recycled. When you score a TD are the user clebrations the exact same as last years? Thanx

Also how long many minute quarters were you playing for? I saw you said there will be alot more 10 -3 games. So Im wondering if you were playing 5 mins.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:18 PM   #74
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

koolbubbaice said:
Seems legit.. If not, you'd make a great car saleman. One question.. How does the 5.1 sound in the game.. Last yrs was below awful..

L.O.U.D. These fans are maniacs. When the controller and screen gets to shaking, its pretty cool. Other titles could learn from this crowd thingy. It does get a little annoying after the third game, and by the end of the night the concensus was that we would turn it off if we can. It would lead to too many heated arguments as to who gets to be the home team, especially with 20.00 bucks on the table.

Annoying, yet very immersive though.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:21 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Could you play as a team like baylor, Duke, some of the weaker teams and see how HFA works for them( of course not as well as OU, USC etc) but just wondering. Also, could you control OU or UT, sim to the Red River Shootout and see how HFA is handled in that game? Or even in bowl games?

im real intersted to see if the crowd gets hyped for both teams in games like that and if HFA even works or what? Maybe play as the away team and home team, maybe it works for both in games of that nature?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 11:23 PM   #76
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:

Gilbert_Arenas said:

Hey McCOy sorry if this has been asked but you said most of the celebrations are recycled. When you score a TD are the user clebrations the exact same as last years? Thanx

Also how long many minute quarters were you playing for? I saw you said there will be alot more 10 -3 games. So Im wondering if you were playing 5 mins.

Sorry but there wasn't enough scoring going on to really see....Thats how tough it is now. (Or maybe we just suck ) I think I saw maybe 2 or 3 new endzone celebrations and a few old ones. All of the batted ball and sack celebrations were the same.

We played 7 minute quarters.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 12

Thanks for awnsering my question.. Can't wait to hear it in DD 5.1!!
Old 07-11-2004, 11:36 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

you are asking in an NCAA football forum, in an NCAA football thread,in a thread where there are impressions being given about a new release if sega/vc is planning to release a college football game. Why not post in the espn forum? or the football other? Or search the forum to see the 10 other threads regarding the same topic? If this sounds rude, my apologies, but this sort of post will only lead to flames. Seen it happen 100 times over.

You've got to be kidding me. I'm all for keeping forums "organized" and for some degree of censorship, but the guy was just asking a question.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:36 PM   #79
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Could you play as a team like baylor, Duke, some of the weaker teams and see how HFA works for them( of course not as well as OU, USC etc) but just wondering. Also, could you control OU or UT, sim to the Red River Shootout and see how HFA is handled in that game? Or even in bowl games?

im real intersted to see if the crowd gets hyped for both teams in games like that and if HFA even works or what? Maybe play as the away team and home team, maybe it works for both in games of that nature?

Thanks

Yo dook, I'l try it for you later. I did watch a Akron vs Kent State game and the crowd meter thing never got past halfway. Theres a meter that shows how loud everything is. For that game there was very little noise, but my one friend caught a nice 40 bomb and got pushed out around the 4. The play was called back on a hold, and the crowd got a little hyped and managed to shut down Akrons audibles for one play. Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:38 PM   #80
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

doubleg said:
HMcCoy you are right EA need their (censored)kicked for hyping this game up this year and it is really the same thing from last year the only thing thats differnt is the sky looks much better and the HFA. Other than that I could've kept my 2004 edition. This is my last time pre-ordering an EA Sports game from now on I am going to rent it first. This crap makes me so mad because I remember the producer Moye from Ea in one of his interviews saying that you could build up your HFA in your dynasty mode how can you do this when you can't add any seats to your stadium. How can Miss State all of sudden have better HFA than Tenn when Tenn have 100,000 seats and Miss State only have 40,000? Somebody please explain this to me. I feel betrayed and lied to EA you sucks

HFA is not all about stadium size....My fav. team, Oregon Ducks, only have about 55,000 seats and they are fifth on the list. There are a few others with less seats on the list as well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »