Home

10 first impressions...(Long)

This is a discussion on 10 first impressions...(Long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 10 first impressions...(Long)

wait, you are saying you played it at a store or something?? If that is the case, I know this isn't legit cause they don't put the newgames out to play until a day or two after they have been out, and there has never been a public demo for ncaa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #26
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

It finally happened. ESPN Invades NCAA.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
It's almost like you're trying to take shots at NCAA and promote another game at the same time? I don't understand, why even post impressions? If you don't like NCAA, Madden, EA etc etc then why buy it? Just so you can criticize and promote the other game?

I don't think that's what he's trying to say. It looked like a Comparitive Market Analysis of what NCAA has brought to the table this year vs. what other producers have been doing in the larger football genre.

A LOT has taken place with ESPN and Madden really butting heads recently. It has made both franchises much better. But presentation-wise I think he's right. That competition needs to also fuel NCAA's presentation / feature-set.

Think about the years of 989 vs. EA. 989 got so pathetic in the end that EA didn't have to improve. Consider Madden 98-2001. Those years were pathetic. Very little changed in terms of how the game was marketed, played ,etc. The same cheese worked in version after version.

Once 2k1 came out for Dreamcast, it improved the genre ten-fold. I think a little healthy competition would do EA some good in the NCAA arena.

These impressions are far from damning! They are pretty positive on the whole, but suggest that there is some complacency within EA on the title's presentation and overall polish. Animations, cutscenes, commentary, etc. all seem lifted from 2-3 years worth of innovation. So rather than saying "we won't re-use something if it's X years old...they are saying...why reinvent anything we've already done until we work on the next code version of this product line?"

Nice impressions.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #28
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

gabulldog said:
HMcCoy, I appreciate the impressions. I agree that there are a lot of things that need to be improved, but I still love this series and I'm sure I'll like this years version. I was just wondering, are you more of a pro football fan than a college football fan? I'm not implying that this would affect your judgement of the game (if anything, it would make it more objective), I was just curious. I think for a lot of fans of this game, myself included, that the atmosphere is what makes it so fun for us. But if you weren't a huge college football fan, this obviously wouldn't make a very big difference. I think that that's what this game is so good at, but I definitely agree that it needs some major upgrades in presentation and gameplay can always be improved.

I think your right. I'm only a casual college fan, and I expect that the very fact that its the only collegiate offering is gong to give it much more of a WOW factor to those that are . Again, the presentation is old and wack, but the gameplay is slower which = much better. Those that love this franchise will love it even more.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #29
Rookie

the thing that really gets me if how everyone expects everything to be brand new... of course the annimations are gonna pretty much be the same, why totally re-do something if its been good?

I dont expect all new annimations or the old stuff to be gone (even with the commentary) cuz thats not what they do... they just add on more to it so they add few more annimations & few more commentary...

you cant just expect them to totally redo an already successful game
Old 07-11-2004, 09:32 PM   #30
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5

It's funny how, in the middle of your impressions, you say, "the good stuff is coming up next. Yet, over half of the rest of your post metnione negative impressions. Just an observation. And you don't plan on even trying dynasty mode which is the best feature of the game????????
Old 07-11-2004, 09:34 PM   #31
Rookie

Ok, the biggest problem I have believing this is that everyone else has said the running game has been completely revamped and is greatly improved both inside and outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Are there plans for ESPN/Sega to be making a college game in the future?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »