Home

Official "Bugs"/"Glitches" Sticky

This is a discussion on Official "Bugs"/"Glitches" Sticky within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 AM   #57
Rookie

lloydman's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official \"Bugs\"/\"Glitches\" Sticky

Bug - Ohio State has a game the week after the Michigan. OSU/Mich is the last game of the season each year period.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 AM   #58
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

DXZeke said:
How are you PS2 owners doing with framerates and what not?

Its all good on ps2. If you have to choose between which version go with ps2.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:11 AM   #59
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Any word on Gamecube slowdown? In years past, it would sometimes be slow walking up to the line if you were near your own endzone and all 22 guys broke the huddle at once.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:28 AM   #60
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

WatchdogXC said:
Any word on Gamecube slowdown? In years past, it would sometimes be slow walking up to the line if you were near your own endzone and all 22 guys broke the huddle at once.

From what i'm hearing the Gamecube has no slowdown.I'm actually hearing very good things about the Gamecube version.The grass texturing is unreal on the Gamecube,you can see blades of grass,i wish the Xbox could have grass like that. I'm still waiting on my Xbox copy from Gamestop,so i'll know tommorow if i can tolerate the slowdown.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:36 AM   #61
Rookie

I picked up the XBOX version today, played a couple games against friends. noticed just a little slowdown here and there, couldnt really tell if it was worse or better than last years though. the slowdown didnt bother us at all, its too great of a game and i never really thought much of it. i can understand the complaints, but some people are just too picky. if i never play the ps2 version, ill never realize a difference. i do like how its a tad slower in some areas this year, especially running, finding holes and manuevering around blockers. seems like youre more involved in the game and its not just sprites zig zagging all over the screen..just my opinion on this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 03:01 AM   #62
Rookie

Yo... first-time poster here, actually made an effort to find this place because I wanted to complain about the XBox slowdown, and see if others were having the same problem.

I played a few games with the default NCAA view, and it was brutal... Made the game damn near unplayable, and playing an entire game took forever. In practice mode, though... no problem.

But I switched to classic view, and I still notice a slowdown when playing at Ohio State or somewhere else huge... but it's much better. Not that that makes me totally happy, cuz I agree with the guy above... EA needs to get it together and put out a product that doesn't require the user to made adaptations just to run the damn thing smoothly. That's messed up... I'm considering taking it back. I don't know yet.

But thanks for the info, all... it's helped. Word.

__
www.themightymjd.com
sports blog
Old 07-13-2004, 05:53 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

No slowdown on my system but I clearly believe the gamers here about their slow down on their X-BOX. This is sad. I remember the first expression of the X-BOX version from E-3 and the guy said it was major slowdown. Everyone said that was an early version of the game and of course EA will have this slowdown fix before the game come out. Then we watch the IGN movie of an whole NCAA 2005 game and saw the slow down again and gamers said golly, we know big brother EA will take care of us. EA dont give a fleep about their consumers. They knew about the slowdown early on and didnt fix it. It wasnt in their budget eventhough this game sold over a million copies.

Now where are all the producers that give ample interviews before the game come out and then hide for the next 10 months. It is always funny when people say you cant judge a game by a video, ok watch those IGN videos and that is the same game we are playing now.

Peace
Old 07-13-2004, 06:27 AM   #64
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

What Skill Level are you playing on?

When I first got the game I was playing on Varisity just to get used to the new touches like the Matchup Stick and that's when I was having all this slowdown crap.
So...
About 30mins ago I was decided to put it on All-American since that's what I played it on last yera. No JOKE I had slowdown only after some plays and kickoffs. I even had it on the NCAA Camera. I tried it with Ohio State, NC State, Syrcause, and Flordia State.
Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy (maybe I am)... I throw it back onto Varsity level. I had the bad slowodwn again.

Someone else check this out for me as well since this could be just from sleep deprivation.

BTW, there's now way in hell that Hillary Duff at IGN could play on All-American without quitting 3mins into the first quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »