Home

Early Impressions

This is a discussion on Early Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Early Impressions

Can you turn off the screen shaking and controller vibration but keep the players being rattled? I'm sorry if this was asked already, I haven't seen it anywhere...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #42
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Teddy_Long said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

Teddy_Long said:
So, this year's edition is basically more on subtle changes than any significant changes?

Just kind of curious here. What significant changes were made from '03 to '04 besides online play?

Well, I only purchased last year's version, so I don't know what 03 look like or what it had.

That's cool. Don't get me wrong, my post wasn't meant to be a slam or anything. Just a honest question.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:10 PM   #43
Rookie

Can anyone tell me if the 1-AA teams have their actual stadiums and fight songs this year or are they still generic?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #44
Rookie

In my experience watching college football, there are a surprisingly high number of dropped passes, so that doesn't bother me. As long as this isn't like the XBox version of 2004, where if you threw the quick pass to a WR who ran a spot route (USC did this all the time last year with Williams and Colbert) and the WR can NEVER catch the ball, I'm ok.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #45
Rookie

Are there still shaking screens on the introduction part of it?

This is the PS2 version I'm speaking of.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 06:52 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 8

Ive only played with it for 20min since I had to go to work, but from what I saw in my game.

Artifical Turf really looks like artificial turf. I use Syracuse and you can really notice the difference.

If you dont have a great QB dont expect great numbers. I didnt completed one pass in my TD drive.

Running is great this year. Holes are there if the D is spotty.

Loved it so far. Hopefully I can play more tonight.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:55 PM   #47
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Anyone got any XBLive impressions yet?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:

whipsmart77 said:
Just doesn't feel like college football anymore. All the players/teams play about the same, and the new physics muck up the wide open feel. Streaks are still very effective on the Cover 2/3 schemes, while the fun of racking up YAC on the short routes is a rare occurence. I can move the ball and put up points on AA vs. the CPU, but it just doesn't feel exciting. Defense, well the CBs and LBs all seem like NFL Pro Bowlers they react to the pass so well. Running game is sluggish. Graphics are dated and lighting actually took a step backwards (looks blown/washed out during day games...night games look pretty damn good).

A year to improve the best football videogame of all time and we get a shaking screen, louder crowds, and little icons to point out who is freaking out and who's good? Excuse me but part of the fun, the mystery if you will, of sports videogames is the guys who seemingly "come to life" or develop their own roles. The 68 rated nickel back who nabs 6 INTs during a season, or a freshman RB who, for some reason, breaks one big run per game. Now those guys are almost guaranteed to stay in their "chump" mode until Jr./Sr. year.

Anyways, enough of my whining. Hope it's better online, cuz offline it's a snoozer.

BTW, I've played 40 games or so. Yea I had it a long time ago. I wrote a review on it. Gave it an 8.0.

For your sake I hope the 40 games was a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »