Home

Mike Williams, USC

This is a discussion on Mike Williams, USC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Mike Williams, USC

Mike Williams does deserve to play. Why waste time in college when you could be a 1st round draft pick and make millions. By playing in college he is just getting older and risking injury. He declared for the draft because the courts made a decision. As soon the decision was reversed he got rid of his agent and enrolled in school. He deserves to play imho and i hope he does.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #10
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Better question is what will be done about Vick.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
Better question is what will be done about Vick.

Hopefully Tech will kick him out and he will end up at my U.

We take all reject pothead bluechippers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #12
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Hookem said:
Mike Williams does deserve to play. Why waste time in college when you could be a 1st round draft pick and make millions. By playing in college he is just getting older and risking injury. He declared for the draft because the courts made a decision. As soon the decision was reversed he got rid of his agent and enrolled in school. He deserves to play imho and i hope he does.

The courts made an incorrect and unsound legal decision which many lawyers said would never survive an appeal. It was his own (read: his lawyers) stupid decision to declare before an appeal.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

rastak said:
Quote:

Hookem said:

The courts made an incorrect and unsound legal decision which many lawyers said would never survive an appeal. It was his own (read: his lawyers) stupid decision to declare before an appeal.

I love how people say this. Usually when they have no ideas what's going on, and speculate things like this. Nor have they ever played major college ball, or had to deal with the pressures surrounding it.

So easy for people to pass judgement on Williams, when you have no clue, nor have you ever had to make a decision like that.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #14
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

if he didn't declare by a certain point, he wouldn't have been in the draft no matter what the courts ruled. He would have been in the supplemental draft and he would have gone to San Diego.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

the problem was he hired an agent, which wasn't necessary until after he was drafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 AM   #16
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

rastak said:
Quote:

Hookem said:

I love how people say this. Usually when they have no ideas what's going on, and speculate things like this. Nor have they ever played major college ball, or had to deal with the pressures surrounding it.

So easy for people to pass judgement on Williams, when you have no clue, nor have you ever had to make a decision like that.

What decision did he have to make? He had two choices...stay at USC and wait until he was REALLY eligible for the draft or follow the lead of a complete idot and risk losing his eligibility. He chose the latter and I just don't think he's entitled to a "do-over". Life is tough. You can't tell me that someone didn't tell him that there was a strong possibility that the NFL would win. Sorry, I have no sympathy whatsoever for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »