Home

XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

It comes down to a few issues:

1) Gamespeed : As mentioned the PS2 runs a smoother feeling game. I have an XBOX with no slowdown (luckily) and meld was right. Even so...you can tell a difference. The PS2 flat out runs the game more fluidly.

2) Graphics & Sound : The PS2 looks good. The X-BOX looks fantastic. To me graphics are more than icing on the cake because I play this game all year long and hate crappy looking textures. That motivated me to get rid of my PS2 last year which I loved, but hated their graphics.

I have great setup for dolby 5.1...I'll be honest...I don't really notice the difference...It's crowds cheering and fake sounding hits. They've done a lousy job, in my opinion, of making the sound something truly special.

3) Online Playerbase : The PS2, in my opinion, has tougher competition online. That said...I think the X-Box players are better sports online which is strange because I hear a TON of trash talking. lol. I've just seen and heard of more people dropping on the PS2 version than I have on the XBOX version.

Honestly...you can't go wrong. It's a toss-up if you like graphics or if you like smoother play. I think there are merits to borh arguments. If it's online you want...another toss up tougher competition or better sports???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 11:09 AM   #42
Rookie

Meldlm's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

m7406 said: I know some of you would probably say it's not worth it over one game but when NCAA is the primary game I play year round so for me it is worth it.

Yes, NCAA is my game year round as well...so I know where you're coming from there.

Quote:

m7406 said:

One question no one has yet to address-when compared to the 2004 PS 2 version do you feel like you have to pitch the ball earlier when running the option or else your QB gets blasted? I swear on the x box version running the option with the trigger button seems so much worse.

Two things here: This year you can't pitch the option real late as effectively as you could last year, I've found that to be the case in both versions. And I've yet to be able to pitch it once I've been contacted by a defensemen (unlike last year)

But for me, alot of it had to do with the pitch going from my index finger up top of the controller for the PS2 ver. down to the lower part of my thumb on the black button for the XBox ver. I'd imagine once I got used to the controller scheme a bit more, I'd be able to pitch it as good as I can in the PS2 version, but it's definetly not the "almost get hit (or get hit) and pitch it out as your falling down" gameplay of last year.

The perfect 15 yard parallel pitch to the RB on the sideline is definelty still there though...you just gotta toss it earlier.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Having played both versions the Xbox is a no brainer for me. That being said, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. It really is a great game, once you "get it".
Old 07-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #44
js1
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would go with the ps2 version if you have the HD loader product,(the entire game is played off of the hard drive) the load times are cut in half! I played the disk first and the screen just before you start the game is about 33-36 sec.long, with hd loader about 12-15 sec. I have all 3 systems I have not played this years xbox version though, and as far space goes, if you have Action replay or max drive, you can make room for ps2 saves by putting them on the computer or the max drive flash memory stick. And no slowdown issues, so I would go with the ps2 this year..
Old 07-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #45
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

Just exchanged my xbox for a PS 2-noticeable difference, game plays smoother. Thanks for all of you input
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »