Home

Bringing 8 every play, cheesing?

This is a discussion on Bringing 8 every play, cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 12:48 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Bringing 8 every play, cheesing?

I played a guy online, and I wanted to see what you guys thought.

He brought 8 or 9 men on every play, regardless of formation. No matter what play I tried, it was impossible to stop the blitz. If I ran, it was stuffed by blitzing backers, if I tried to pass, he was there by the time I hit my 3 step drop.

It got really frustrating. This was not the type of online experience I was looking for as my first with NCAA 2005.

So, whadda ya think. Was it cheesing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 12:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Bringing 8 every play, cheesing?

Thats cheese, at least it was on '04. If someone is a good team and brings the major blitzes, it cant be beat. Only chance is a WR screen out of a formation that provides good blocking. I dont even know if there are any plays like that. I hate guys online like that. I use to try and stick it out thinking i could beat it, but its just too much.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

MFootball said:
I played a guy online, and I wanted to see what you guys thought.

He brought 8 or 9 men on every play, regardless of formation. No matter what play I tried, it was impossible to stop the blitz. If I ran, it was stuffed by blitzing backers, if I tried to pass, he was there by the time I hit my 3 step drop.

It got really frustrating. This was not the type of online experience I was looking for as my first with NCAA 2005.

So, whadda ya think. Was it cheesing?

Were you playing online on the PS2 or Xbox? This is an area where the Xbox might have an advantage because if you catch someone doing crap like this on Xbox then it is easy to weed the cheesers out. If this is happening on the PS2 then you may run into quite a few punks who do this crap and constantly change their screen name. This used to piss me off on Madden last year. It may be best to only play players you know or trust or you may have to join a league just to get away from cheese play. I hate this kind of crap. The game was meant to be played realistically and to have fun.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:03 AM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

The game was meant to be played realistically and to have fun.

The game was meant for me to have fun? Damn, I thought is was just meant to re-live my football days and try to put as much shame and humiliation upon my friends as possible.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

heelsman22 said:
Thats cheese, at least it was on '04. If someone is a good team and brings the major blitzes, it cant be beat. Only chance is a WR screen out of a formation that provides good blocking. I dont even know if there are any plays like that. I hate guys online like that. I use to try and stick it out thinking i could beat it, but its just too much.

It can be beat in '04. I used to love playing guys who would use Miami or Ohio State and blitz everytime in the 4-4 defense. I play with UGA and would light them up with quick passes. I would just step up in the pocket because most of the time the rush is coming from the outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 01:23 AM   #6
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

That is pretty much why I'm not that interested in playing NCAA online and can live with playing Dynasty mode on my Gamecube.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:27 AM   #7
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Here's your answer:

http://playersrankings.com/
Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bringing 8 everyplay is cheese, but it can be beat... and beat badly. You continue to burn him he'll start to sit back.

That being said, get out of the pattern of playing random people if possible, because it can get very frutrating in a hurry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »