Home

slowdown on XBOX official?

This is a discussion on slowdown on XBOX official? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 06:37 AM   #17
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: slowdown on XBOX official?

What Skill Level are you playing on?

When I first got the game I was playing on Varisity just to get used to the new touches like the Matchup Stick and that's when I was having all this slowdown crap.
So...
About 30mins ago I was decided to put it on All-American since that's what I played it on last yera. No JOKE I had slowdown only after some plays and kickoffs. I even had it on the NCAA Camera. I tried it with Ohio State, NC State, Syrcause, and Flordia State.
Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy (maybe I am)... I throw it back onto Varsity level. I had the bad slowodwn again.

Someone else check this out for me as well since this could be just from sleep deprivation.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's not a game killer but it's very annoying especially when playing on a large stadium.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:52 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 22

Havent really noticed any slow down after 5 games..i noticed it on a few occasions but not notibible really. I play with zoomed cam
Old 07-13-2004, 06:57 AM   #20
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

the_mavsman said:
It's not a game killer but it's very annoying especially when playing on a large stadium.

I've heard that the slowdown is also very "Stadium Specific", but I'm also reading that tons of other factors are involved. I'm also hearing that the slowdown is not at all present in the PS2 version- which is rather disheartening.

I will be getting a PS2 copy and an XBOX copy tonight to compare the two over at my site (ConsoleFootball).

One thing is for sure- it looks like this is the second year in a row for EA putting out unfinished/broken product over on the XBOX (Last year, it was Madden XBOX- which couldn't read the NCAA draft classes until EA replaced the disks.)

As it looks now, the slowdown problem is widespread, and talked about on all the major forums. (But only XBOX is mentioned.)

EA may have more egg on its face after this one. I'm glad ESPN shows love for XBOX folks- they make the XBOX their development system of choice (Unlike EA- who does it with PS2)... and ESPN ports DOWN to Playstation 2, EA ports up from PS2 (with its inferior hardware) and converts over to XBOX.

EA may need to re-think their PS2-favored-development standard. If Madden has these kind of slowdown/stutter problems, you can pencil in ESPN as the football game everyone on XBOX buys.

EA seems to have that big-ol' shotgun out, but curiously seems to be aiming at their own foot anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »