Home

I HATE QUITTERS!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on I HATE QUITTERS!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 05:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I HATE QUITTERS!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrr

well, in my first game, i lost fair and square to the auburn tigers as the florida gators on the road, 21-14. it was 14-14, until he threw a last second 50 yard touchdown to win the game! doug flutie boston college all over again.

so, after that, i played some guy who was 2-1, 0% DNF, he was LSU and i was florida in the swamp. so, he fumbled 1st play of the game and i ended up getting a TD. next possesion, i scored a TD off a 4th and 4th conversion, on HIS 37th.

ok so when he got the ball back, i picked it off and took it to the house! i took the lead 21-0 over the defending champs, with 30 seconds left in the first quarter.

next thing i knew, he pressed start and quit!!!! he seemed like a nice guy when i talked to him too! he was 2-1! so now i am still 0-1, and i didnt get that demolishment counted on my records. man!!!! i just wish that when people quit, EA counts it as an automatic loss against them and a win against you. i mean i feel i deserved that win. so does that mean every time i destroy someone, they quit and i get no reward?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 06:31 AM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I HATE QUITTERS!!!!!!!

It was probably Hillary Duff over at IGN that quit on you.

Yeah, I think both Sega and EA need to count quits as a loss and a win for who they are playing.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quitters defiitely suck. You just need to try and find a tight nit group of people to play that don't quit. Find a nice little online gaming community of people you enjoy playing and stick with them. That's the best way to get enjoyment out of online gaming. If you continue to play random people all the time expect to get burned about 75 percent of it.

I've met a few great people through playing random games online, but for the most part I've met a bunch of idiots.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

DXZeke said:
Yeah, I think both Sega and EA need to count quits as a loss and a win for who they are playing.

The reason why they don't should be obvious to you guys. Some of these scoreboard whores would just use a 2nd XBoxLive account (or their friends who doesn't care) and roll up a huge record from people quitting on them. Play your buddy, have him quit after 1 min into the game. Rinse and repeat until you are 10000-0 and #1. Bah.

So, they can't give the person who was quit on a win out of it for this reason. What would be better is if there was a random point in the game when it would be considered "official" (a time we didn't know, and it would change... say after the 3rd quarter, or halfway through the 3rd quarter) and if someone quit then you would get the win. That would prevent the cheaters from raking up their records artificially (one would hope).
Old 07-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

that doesn't seem to be a problem on NCAA college hoops or Inside Drive. I haven't see anyone with a rediculous record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 10:40 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

jondiehl said:
Quote:

DXZeke said:

The reason why they don't should be obvious to you guys. Some of these scoreboard whores would just use a 2nd XBoxLive account (or their friends who doesn't care) and roll up a huge record from people quitting on them. Play your buddy, have him quit after 1 min into the game. Rinse and repeat until you are 10000-0 and #1. Bah.

So, they can't give the person who was quit on a win out of it for this reason. What would be better is if there was a random point in the game when it would be considered "official" (a time we didn't know, and it would change... say after the 3rd quarter, or halfway through the 3rd quarter) and if someone quit then you would get the win. That would prevent the cheaters from raking up their records artificially (one would hope).

...or they could limit you to only playing a certain account a set number of times in a 24 hour period (on ranked games).
Old 07-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

On MVP they give you the win if your opponent quits.

I think they should make a seperate column in your win/loss record, kinda like in hockey how they have a 3rd column for Ties. The 3rd column could be "Wins by Disconnect" or something like that.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Man, this dude pulled the plug on me last night after I beat him. I mean right before the exit screen, it said that connect to this player has been lost. So when I exited, they didn't count my win!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »