Home

Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

This is a discussion on Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Guys with the xbox versio please relax about the slowdown.

Guys...I'm torn here. I currently own a PS2 and I just bought an xbox and should get it in the mail this Thursday. I dont want to buy this game for 2 seperate consoles and my original plan was to get the xbox version not PS2. Now with all these slow down complaints for the xbox should I just buy the ps2 version? Is this xbox slowdown issue prominent enough where I can expect to notice it? If so, I wont even bother, I'll just pick up a PS2 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #26
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

medlinke said:
I agree with you flyboy.

They should get it right the first time. I don't have my xbox copy yet so I cant comment on the slow down, but...the fact that it's a major issue here tells me enough.

EA's ownership of the problem doesn't suggest that they didn't screw up. Heck...who wants to buy a game for 50 bucks, then have to play it broken...waiting 6 weeks for a fixed version? NOBODY

It DOES suggest something about integrity. So, my post wasn't trying to wash away the stain from Madden 2004. It was merely trying to show that people shouldn't attack EA's earnestness about getting a good product out there. That little recall cost them big time I'm sure with the work they had to do to fix the problem, then re-produce the xbox cds, then to ship them out (not postage, but paying to warehouse those discs, process the returns, and get the fixed discs into the mail took manpower they had to pay).

So I don't want you to think I'm an EA Sheeple. I'm not. I'm getting ESPN this year because of my growing dissatisfaction with Madden. However...I don't think that's indicitive of the game. I went to Madden Challenge lost year and had a lot of fun.

It's all good, bro. I understand where you're coming from. I'm about to go pick my copy up in about an hour or so. Another thing is this problem could easily be fixed if EA *gasps* actually made it for the Xbox first! Imagine that, but since EA has such a problem with Microsoft that will never happen. Tisk, tisk, EA. Like quietcool said, it's very ironic how people are claiming ESPN will be plagued with bugs and glitches and NCAA was released on time and has some. EA really, really needs to get their act straight.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:

infamouslover22 said:
i been an ncaa football since it came out on the ps2 with chris winki on the cover. let me tell you that the speed of the new game is down from last year but thats for 2 reasons. 1. the weight of the players actually matters this year as u can tell by weight of the hits. you can no longer cut on a dime like maddena and break anyone. 2. ea wanted to make the game more a sim wich they did and i am happy to say that this game feels totaly different from last year in a great way. you can no loger score 60 points a game with ease. when u run the ball the speed of the running back is slower then last year but the vision u get from this is better as u can see holes open better and the new agile running system is a thing of beauty. the game has no bug of a slow down its the best game of the series yet and if u want to play me on xbox live hit me at Gmen4life. any questions i will answer

I agree. I'm getting sick of everybody whining about the "slowdown". When I get the game on Friday, I'll see if all this slowdown BS is really true.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 32

I have a Samsung drive, and no slowdown that I can see.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:22 PM   #29
Rookie

ncaamacdaddy's Arena

ZXLT - How many games have you played? I have Samsung drive xbox but I have not purchased yet. Very nervous...
Old 07-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

ncaamacdaddy said:
ZXLT - How many games have you played? I have Samsung drive xbox but I have not purchased yet. Very nervous...

Only 2 so far. I'll let you know how it seems after a few more. It is hard as hell to run the ball though. Not slowdown, but the defenders seem to get off the blocks a lot quicker. On the other hand, I probably just suck.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:25 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

The slowdown is VERY BAD during rainy games... anything near the goal-line will have a significant slowdown.

My biggest complaint is the ugly, ugly graphics. The fields are HORRIBLEY washed out and poorly colored. The filtering is poorly done because I see a lot of flickering on distant objects. Jaggies appear to be worse then 2004 and 2003. Also, everything seems blurry, especially when comparing it to ESPN NFL 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #32
Rookie

I have a refurbished XBOX i bought last year. I haven't noticed any slowdowns in gameplay on XBOX. BUT the gameplay IS slower than the ps2 overall. The only slowdowns i noticed were in the ps2 version, but that was just during cut scenes and stuff, not actual gameplay.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »