Home

I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

This is a discussion on I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #17
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

Quote:

GaryM05 said:
I have an idiotic question here from an HDTV newbie: Is it possible to have widescreen mode turned off on the XBOX, but still play the game in 16:9 on a widescreen TV?

NO it's not, but your tv screen will still be filled...it's just stretched...it still looks good because it runs in 480 progressive....i don't mind it at all.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #18
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

i haven't noticed slowdown on a regular tv at all so this may work, on a side note, i have gotten the "dirty disc error" twice and i have never gotten it before on any game, i have a launch xbox, anyone have any suggestions? is it the game or the 'box? thanks for any help!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:34 PM   #19
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Im not using widescreen, and I still have slowdows, nothing to big.

Cpre5
Old 07-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #20
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree this is LUDACRIS
Old 07-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

the slowdown ur noticing is just the new pace of the game. Im sure it runs fine on many hd tv'w with widescreen enabled. But, on many other tvs, it runs very very very slow, and mine is own of them. Maybe its because of the way different tvs are formatted i dunno, but theres a nigth and day difference. For the people who dont notice and slowdown on their hdtv's, then you arew lucky and have tjhe right kind of hd v for this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 17

Actually, this makes perfect sense, quite simply because most likely widescreen mode is running in 720P mode rather than 480 mode , hence putting more strain on the XBOX processer because its running in a higher resolution which could require twice the horsepower that the XBOX system really isn't comfortable running or at least not optimized by EA to run in 720P mode as smoothly as 480 mode.

So this makes perfect sense why XBOX version on some people's systems is running hitchy or laggy compared to the PS2 version or other people's XBox systems running in 480 standard mode.

I beleive that's exactly what it could be
Old 07-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #23
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Careful though- before we go celebrating. I know there's many people having this problem who aren't running HDTVs!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:46 PM   #24
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

quietcool72 said:
Careful though- before we go celebrating. I know there's many people having this problem who aren't running HDTVs!!!

don't say something like this unless you can back it up...are you specifically having the problem? I witnessed this with my own eyes...the game runs soo smooth now..no hiccups at all, where i was getting many hiccups when i had widescreen enabled..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »