Home

I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

This is a discussion on I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:57 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

Quote:

ManBeast77 said:
Instead of sitting here bashing EA, why dont you guys try some different things because it seems alot of people have found thier own solutions to the problem! I understand this stuff should not happen but why dont you try to look for a solution as others are doing!

Im not bashing EA, infact I am an EA fanatic...But this is an issue that can't be overlooked...The framerate issues I am having are atrocious...The difference between practice mode and regular games is night/day...For you guys with XBOX's saying you "don't" or "have solved" the framerate issues can you please compare practice mode play to regular game play for me?

The bottom line is it seems to be a programming issue with the crowd...Because the way the game runs in practice mode is absolutely flawless, hell if there was a way to disable the crowd I would do it to play this game the way it should be played...
Old 07-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #50
All Star

OVR: 14

Once I put the game on classic cam I haven't had any framerate issues at all.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you guys with non-HD TV's sure you switched the graphics from widescreen to normal IN the XBox? I mean, it's an option actually in the XBox menu when you turn it on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #52
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

colkilla said:
i haven't noticed slowdown on a regular tv at all so this may work, on a side note, i have gotten the "dirty disc error" twice and i have never gotten it before on any game, i have a launch xbox, anyone have any suggestions? is it the game or the 'box? thanks for any help!

I have a launch xbox as well, never had any problems with dirty disc errors either, but I yet to make it through a single game with out getting a dirty disc error. My game is even getting the disc error messages on the menu screens. I ordered mine from gamespot.com and it sounds like the only way to return it is to send it back in the mail. I'll be picking up a new copy later tonight and hopefully that will solve my problems. Don't want to have to buy a new box.
It sucks too because I have the day off today and my fiance isn't home so I thought I'd have the entire day to play the game. And now I can't go more than ten minutes without a dirty disc error.
We do seem to be in the minority here as everyone else is having slowdown issues.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #53
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

I've got a brand new XBOX (about 3 months old) and playing on a 27inch Zenith HDTV C27V36 and playing in 4x3 at 480p and I noticed this game plays smooth but very slow. I don't get choppiness yet it's a consistent speed, it's hard to try and make a quick cut or move, it feels as your commands are delayed, dissapointing to say the least. I went to EB today and played the XBOX version on a 20inch JVC Analog TV and it played the same way, very hard to get used to it, actually played somewhat slower, the sales clerk stated it was an old console (original launch, with older drive) this has plagued EA for some reason. This happened with March Madness last year for the XBOX as well. I'm seriously debating on what to do, it just doesn't feel natural, I love the game but it takes some getting used to with the slow speed. Surprising for a game that has used the same game engine for the last three years!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Philstat you sure that the "consistent slowdown" is not intended. Remember that EA intended to slow down Gameplay for realistic/sim reasons this year.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #55
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Philstat said:
I've got a brand new XBOX (about 3 months old) and playing on a 27inch Zenith HDTV C27V36 and playing in 4x3 at 480p and I noticed this game plays smooth but very slow. I don't get choppiness yet it's a consistent speed, it's hard to try and make a quick cut or move, it feels as your commands are delayed, dissapointing to say the least. I went to EB today and played the XBOX version on a 20inch JVC Analog TV and it played the same way, very hard to get used to it, actually played somewhat slower, the sales clerk stated it was an old console (original launch, with older drive) this has plagued EA for some reason. This happened with March Madness last year for the XBOX as well. I'm seriously debating on what to do, it just doesn't feel natural, I love the game but it takes some getting used to with the slow speed. Surprising for a game that has used the same game engine for the last three years!

Why hasn't EA- of all companies, not figured this out. Other graphically inense games have no slowdown, or issues with first or mid-run XBOXes (Ninja Gaiden comes to mind, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

Dude, the slowdown isn't intended. I do think the game plays a little slower, but the slowdown is pretty bad.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »