Home

Most important Ratings for RB?

This is a discussion on Most important Ratings for RB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Most important Ratings for RB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
So you're saying that ACC determines how fast a player gets to top speed? Because I've always wondered which is more important speed or acceleration.

Yes (although his 50 yard example is a gross exaggeration) and I value ACC over SDP at every position (including PR) except for KR. At KR I want my fastest guy as long as his ACC isn't crap.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

FWIW, carrying is basically obsolete since running backs fumble about once a season at most...

I think, if you want a speed back, SPD, AGI, ACC, and ELU are the most important ratings. If you want a power back, STR, TRK, SFA, and maybe ACC. I always like to have a back who can accelerate regardless of his style.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 12-25-2015, 12:37 AM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Yes (although his 50 yard example is a gross exaggeration) and I value ACC over SDP at every position (including PR) except for KR. At KR I want my fastest guy as long as his ACC isn't crap.
I definitely exaggerated, but just to drive the point home lol. I am the same way, ACC is more important except for KR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #12

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I tend to favor power backs so carrying and run a tough between the tackles running game so, strength, break tackle are all things I am looking at (I am still on NCAA '12 so carrying is still a concern). I do like to look for speed backs or compliments to a power run game and there I am looking for acceleration, speed, catching (think a Reggie Bush type model).

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #13
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
FWIW, carrying is basically obsolete since running backs fumble about once a season at most...

I think, if you want a speed back, SPD, AGI, ACC, and ELU are the most important ratings. If you want a power back, STR, TRK, SFA, and maybe ACC. I always like to have a back who can accelerate regardless of his style.
I wish I had your RB's! Mine fumble 4-5 times a season. FWIW I think the carrying rating plays a much bigger role when they get fatigued
Old 12-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #14
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

For my system I usually have two types of backs: the Eddie Lacy type and the Darren Sproles type.

The Lacy type back is my workhorse. Usually I look for a high break tackle or trucking. Big size is a plus too.

The Sproles type is my change-of-pace back. I look for mostly speed, elusiveness, and acceleration. If they double up as a receiving threat out of the backfield or returner, that's a nice luxury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »