Home

Randomization in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Randomization in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #9
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Randomization in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm considering using something like this in the offseason. Create some randomization to have someone kicked off a team, gain a boost for a certain rating (I.E. OL has excellent offseason workouts, +2 strength) or lose points (QB pulls a Manziel and parties too much, doesn't study playbook...-10 AWR for next season or -15 plays from playbook), and other things.
Let us know if you come up with any ideas. I have been thinking of ways to make something like this work.

Not sure if it needs to be a dice roll to see if someone falls into this category or what. I miss the old NCAA '05 or '06 where there was actual behavioral or academic issues.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
Let us know if you come up with any ideas. I have been thinking of ways to make something like this work.

Not sure if it needs to be a dice roll to see if someone falls into this category or what. I miss the old NCAA '05 or '06 where there was actual behavioral or academic issues.
Will do. I'll be doing it in some capacity, just gotta decide a system.

I liked when they had discipline in the game...but it seemed to happen too much. I'd always have 3-4 guys suspended which wasn't realistic. The idea was great though

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #11
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
Will do. I'll be doing it in some capacity, just gotta decide a system.

I liked when they had discipline in the game...but it seemed to happen too much. I'd always have 3-4 guys suspended which wasn't realistic. The idea was great though
Yup agreed. Just what's fair and realistic ish

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Love the system! Great idea.

I especially like the resign in disgrace option, although 3 seasons seems way too much. Petrino only spent one year at Western Kentucky.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #13
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Yup agreed. Just what's fair and realistic ish

heres what I went with for this offseason. I will tinker with it each year till I have what I like. Went with one roll:

1- QB studies hard in the offseason, +10 AWR
2- Prized recruit grayshirted, +2 SPD, +5 AWR, +3 STR
3- Behavior issues, cut one starter from 2015
4- Low Budget, cut one recruiting state for 2016
5- Nothing changes, proceed as desired
6- QB decided to party all offseason and forgot the playbook, delete one often used formation, can add back 3 plays a week during season

naturally...I rolled a 5...

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #14
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

I've been thinking of something along the lines of rolling a die every week.

If you roll 2 die and roll snake eyes you have a player suspended. You then reroll a die.
Snake eyes. Kicked off the team
3. one half suspension
4. 1 game suspension
5. 2 game suspension
6. 3 game suspension
7. no disicipline
8. 4 game suspension.
9. no discipline
10. 6 game suspension.
11. no discipline
12. Ban till end of the season

Use a random number generator (1-99) and the first eligible number of a player on your team will be the one disciplined.

Other idea is before bowl season. Roll a die. If it's an even number every player is academically eligible. If it's odd. You reroll and the number you roll is how many players are academically ineligible. Then run a random number generator and take the first eligible numbers that match players on your team and remove them for the game.

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 01-09-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #15
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
I've been thinking of something along the lines of rolling a die every week.

If you roll 2 die and roll snake eyes you have a player suspended. You then reroll a die.
Snake eyes. Kicked off the team
3. one half suspension
4. 1 game suspension
5. 2 game suspension
6. 3 game suspension
7. no disicipline
8. 4 game suspension.
9. no discipline
10. 6 game suspension.
11. no discipline
12. Ban till end of the season

Use a random number generator (1-99) and the first eligible number of a player on your team will be the one disciplined.

Other idea is before bowl season. Roll a die. If it's an even number every player is academically eligible. If it's odd. You reroll and the number you roll is how many players are academically ineligible. Then run a random number generator and take the first eligible numbers that match players on your team and remove them for the game.

If this is done every week, it will lead to a lot of suspensions. Many teams deal with very few through the year. With this you have a 8/11 chance of giving out suspensions or discipline every week.

Just saying that seems high. I like the idea, but I would make more of the rolls no discipline. Unless you have a storyline where your team has issues with that.

EDIT: I reread it and understand now. You need a first roll of snake eyes to even reach this chart. I like it

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #16
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
If this is done every week, it will lead to a lot of suspensions. Many teams deal with very few through the year. With this you have a 8/11 chance of giving out suspensions or discipline every week.

Just saying that seems high. I like the idea, but I would make more of the rolls no discipline. Unless you have a storyline where your team has issues with that.

EDIT: I reread it and understand now. You need a first roll of snake eyes to even reach this chart. I like it
Ya. I did some reading. And back in 12 or 13 sec and big 12 teams averaged 4 players on a team being arrested. And only 25 percent of them missed playing time. So I figured. Make the odds some what tough.

Seems suspensions rarely happen. And it's more the acedmic penalties that are inforced.

My bad for not explaining the first role triggers the investigation. Second role is the verdict.

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 01-09-2016 at 05:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »