Home

Randomization in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Randomization in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Randomization in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
I've been thinking of something along the lines of rolling a die every week.

If you roll 2 die and roll snake eyes you have a player suspended. You then reroll a die.
Snake eyes. Kicked off the team
3. one half suspension
4. 1 game suspension
5. 2 game suspension
6. 3 game suspension
7. no disicipline
8. 4 game suspension.
9. no discipline
10. 6 game suspension.
11. no discipline
12. Ban till end of the season

Use a random number generator (1-99) and the first eligible number of a player on your team will be the one disciplined.

Other idea is before bowl season. Roll a die. If it's an even number every player is academically eligible. If it's odd. You reroll and the number you roll is how many players are academically ineligible. Then run a random number generator and take the first eligible numbers that match players on your team and remove them for the game.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Now that I think about it more. I will move the higher suspensions to the lower probabilty roles as well.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #18
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Tweaked it a bit. Let me know what you think.
This will be done once at the beginning of each week.
you roll 2 die and if you roll snake eyes you have a player suspended. You then reroll both die if snake eyes is rolled. And then disicipline according to chart.
2. Kicked off the team
3. 4 game suspension.
4. No discipline.
5. 2 game suspension
6. No discipline.
7. 1 game suspension.
8. No discipline.
9. 3 game suspension.
10. No discipline.
11. 6 game suspension.

Use a random number generator (1-99) and use the first eligible number that matches a player on your team. He will be the one disciplined. If an offense and defense player both have that number. Reroll one die. Odd offense. Even defence.

Other idea is before bowl season. Roll a die. If it's an even number every player is academically eligible. If it's odd. You reroll and the number you roll is how many players are academically ineligible. Then run a random number generator and take the first eligible numbers that match players on your team and remove them for the bowl game. If an offense and defense player both have the number. Reroll one die. Odd offense. Even defence.

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 01-09-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
Tweaked it a bit. Let me know what you think.
This will be done once at the beginning of each week.
you roll 2 die and if you roll snake eyes you have a player suspended. You then reroll both die if snake eyes is rolled. And then disicipline according to chart.
2. Kicked off the team
3. 4 game suspension.
4. No discipline.
5. 2 game suspension
6. No discipline.
7. 1 game suspension.
8. No discipline.
9. 3 game suspension.
10. No discipline.
11. 6 game suspension.

Use a random number generator (1-99) and use the first eligible number that matches a player on your team. He will be the one disciplined. If an offense and defense player both have that number. Reroll one die. Odd offense. Even defence.

Other idea is before bowl season. Roll a die. If it's an even number every player is academically eligible. If it's odd. You reroll and the number you roll is how many players are academically ineligible. Then run a random number generator and take the first eligible numbers that match players on your team and remove them for the bowl game. If an offense and defense player both have the number. Reroll one die. Odd offense. Even defence.

Complex, but I like it. Especially the bowl part...seems there are more suspensions during bowl season every year because of outside distractions

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-10-2016, 01:44 AM   #20

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I like the random discipline generator idea, but I think every week may be excessive, given those odds.

Maybe add a few such as "first half suspension," or "first quarter suspension."

I'd move away from the suspension for the year or kicked off the team stuff. That happens so rarely.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:56 AM   #21
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I like the random discipline generator idea, but I think every week may be excessive, given those odds.

Maybe add a few such as "first half suspension," or "first quarter suspension."

I'd move away from the suspension for the year or kicked off the team stuff. That happens so rarely.
It's only 3 percent odds to get the second role to find out the discipline.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Another way you might do discipline in this game is to us a random number generator (there are plenty of these for free on the web).

You simply ask for a random number 1-70. Let's say it's 17. You count down from the top of your player list in Edit Players. The 17th player is disciplined. Then you can roll the dice to see how severe.

2 & 12: Cut from team
3 & 11: Six game suspension
4 & 10: Three game suspension
5 & 9: Two game suspension
6 & 8: One game suspension
7: One half suspension

If you wanted to do multiple players you could set up a dice roll for how many random numbers to generate.

2 & 12: Six players disciplined
3 & 11: Five players
4 & 10: Four players
5 & 9: Three players
6 & 8: Two players
7: One player

You might also want a contingency in case one player is disciplined twice. Let's say you roll for three players and the random number generator gives you the numbers 17, 22 & 17. Well then you could roll twice for the 17th player or roll once and double the punishment.

There are a lot of ways to add random factors that can really spice up your dynasty.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:30 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

In an online dynasty I run we have 10 users so the first randomizer has 30 slots so it's more likely that no team is chosen than a team is chosen.

For the player number its a random number between 1-99. If the number correlates to a jersey number of a player on the team you move to the final section.

The final section is a matrix with 120 numbers and 40% of those have different suspensions and lengths listed.

So every step there's a better chance of nothing happening than something happening

To determine the number of times I run the random numbers per each week I roll two dice. In the first season we used this there have been 3 total player suspensions among all 10 teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »