Home

Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables!

This is a discussion on Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables!

Hey!!! So I went up to Gamecrazy to see if the game disc that I had was bad, I put it in their Xbox and it worked flawlessly while mine was dragging at home..I went home, unplugged my svideo cables, plugged in the normal AV cables and it worked! This is a regular TV, nothing fancy, but now the game plays like it did at gamecrazy!

PS - I have the Samsung drive..I don't understand why the game don't play right with the S Video box I have, but the game now works with minimal slowdown with the standard AV cables..

Mods - Please don't lock this as this may be the fix for people who don't have the HDTV's and are getting slowdown problems..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cabl

Can anyone verify this guy's findings? Does anyone with component cables have slowdown as well?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Found out the problem with massive fps drops for me - SVideo cables!

hate to burst your bubble but its impossible for an svideo cable vs. composite cable to be the cause of slowdown in a game. it outputs at the exact same resolution and will have identical framerates
Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

talbain said:
hate to burst your bubble but its impossible for an svideo cable vs. composite cable to be the cause of slowdown in a game. it outputs at the exact same resolution and will have identical framerates

so he is lying? lol

if it works for him...great!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

yeah the wire set up has nothing to do with the game as the resolution of the game isn't changed sorry so if you dont' know ya facts don't say anything. somebody please lock this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 09:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah thats what I thought, too..don't ask me why..but if your having a slow down with s video try the regular av cables..I thought the same thing, too..

EDIT:

I wish I could screencap but I have the box hooked up to the tv for now..but I swear I get very laggy slowdown with my svids..I have a 3 way selector, 1 for a ps2, 1 for a box, and 1 empty, I hooked up my reg av to the third selector and switched the output in the back of the box and it worked..

I know some things about electronics but I CAN'T for the life of me explain why an S-video output would lag a game. Before the game was barely playable, passes over the middle and every run would be slow, the only thing that would run fast was the practice mode, and if I threw a deep bomb with minimal players on the screen..

Now WHY would practice mode work and not the actual game mode? I don't know, BUT, what I also found out from that is the players had different textures in practice than on the field, which may be true for all versions, but I for the life of me can't play w/S Video, it simply lags for some reason..

Anyone who is having problems AND is using Svideo, please give this a try so you can verify I am not lying about this..it's DEFINETLY worth your while..
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #7
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

i really wish i knew what u guys were talking about..
Old 07-13-2004, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

maybe he has something wrong with the S video cable, something in is loose at the connection point? a small nick in the line dropping frames? i dont know, i dont know muc about cables.

Might make sense as it has to get split up more as you through composite-->s-video-->component cables

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »