Home

NCAA 11 Still Holds Up

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Still Holds Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
NCAA 11 Still Holds Up

I was playing through games on my older systems today and decided to pop in NCAA 11 on the PS3. The game plays very well and in many ways, I believe, it's the best game in the NCAA series.

I like the texture and color of the grass.

Uniform degradation works well.

Fumbles!

Defensive awareness is top-notch (no DB glitch issues).

Auto-sprint allows you to focus on finding the correct lanes/holes when running and playing defense.

Home team entrances!

I still had the 2010 season named roster file, so pretty cool to see the stars of that day back on the gridiron.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 11 Still Holds Up

I respectively disagree. NCAA 14 I think is pretty damn good it terms of gameplay. NCAA 11 was one of the games where defensive linemen, and especially linebackers could jump out of NOWHERE not even look at the ball, intercept it with one hand, break 5 tackles and take it to the house. Besides that it was great, but that game frustrated more than any video game ever because of the no look one handed interceptions.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Personally, I love both NCAA '11 and '12. Both were and still are fantastic games for me.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
Rookie

I thought the patches fixed that, no?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was playing through games on my older systems today and decided to pop in NCAA 11 on the PS3. The game plays very well and in many ways, I believe, it's the best game in the NCAA series.

I like the texture and color of the grass.

Uniform degradation works well.

Fumbles!

Defensive awareness is top-notch (no DB glitch issues).

Auto-sprint allows you to focus on finding the correct lanes/holes when running and playing defense.

Home team entrances!

I still had the 2010 season named roster file, so pretty cool to see the stars of that day back on the gridiron.
I just happen to play on my ps3 today...I must agree with you ncaa football11 was enjoyable to play. All I did was go into my editor and made some changes like got rid of the 'no-huddle'(which i can't stand); but the game is still top notch to me. Thinking about starting me a dynasty. Also made some changes in BCS rankings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I'm still rolling strong on NCAA 11 as well. The game play of that version feels as "sim" as any other version I've played. I wish it had the customizable conference option and coaching carousel of later versions, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-19-2016, 11:09 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah I'm still rolling strong on NCAA 11 as well. The game play of that version feels as "sim" as any other version I've played. I wish it had the customizable conference option and coaching carousel of later versions, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
I assume this has the old feature, where you are given an "offer" to join a conference, is that the case? I remember playing as Utah State (can't remember what year NCAA model it was), and after a couple BCS wins I got an offer to join the BIG 12. I took it, obviously, and they kicked out COLORADO!! Lol.

The downside was, The Utah State field still had WAC on it instead of changing to a BIG 12 logo. That was a major downside to me. I tried to play it off as they were sharing the field or honoring their original conference, but ultimately it was why I stopped playing that dynasty. It ruined the realism, so I was very happy when they fixed that.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I assume this has the old feature, where you are given an "offer" to join a conference, is that the case? I remember playing as Utah State (can't remember what year NCAA model it was), and after a couple BCS wins I got an offer to join the BIG 12. I took it, obviously, and they kicked out COLORADO!! Lol.

The downside was, The Utah State field still had WAC on it instead of changing to a BIG 12 logo. That was a major downside to me. I tried to play it off as they were sharing the field or honoring their original conference, but ultimately it was why I stopped playing that dynasty. It ruined the realism, so I was very happy when they fixed that.
Actually the field art does change in this version. As you know, I have Tulane in the SEC and our field has SEC markings.

And correct, it's invite only for conference changes, which I guess is good and bad. It feels more like you earned something when you finally make it in rather than just deciding it for yourself.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 02-20-2016 at 07:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »