Home

Making dynasty mode feel more organic

This is a discussion on Making dynasty mode feel more organic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #65
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Making dynasty mode feel more organic

When I have a close position battle, I will do a "Spring Game". I usually do it in practice mode. This is how I build my teams.
One team has the best QBs, WRs, TEs, DLs, and Safeties
The other has the best RBs, OLs, LBs, and CBs. (The FB splits time with both teams).
If I have a truly dominant player, he will split time with both teams.
Each team gets two possessions per quarter.
This helps setting the depth chart feel more natural and not forced.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #66
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOption
When I have a close position battle, I will do a "Spring Game". I usually do it in practice mode. This is how I build my teams.
One team has the best QBs, WRs, TEs, DLs, and Safeties
The other has the best RBs, OLs, LBs, and CBs. (The FB splits time with both teams).
If I have a truly dominant player, he will split time with both teams.
Each team gets two possessions per quarter.
This helps setting the depth chart feel more natural and not forced.
I literally just did this the other day for my quarterbacks -- except I just subbed one in for the other, ran like 10 plays each. It's my first year at UL Lafayette and the QBs are both redshirt seniors and pretty close in rating so I thought it would be a cool way to figure out who was the best fit for the offense and would "win the job". I'm definitely going to keep doing this whenever position battles arise! It was quick (can make it longer if you want), fun and makes for storylines.
Portland Trailblazers
UMaine Black Bears (Alma Mater)
Old 05-16-2016, 06:47 PM   #67
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

I usually recreate my team through TeamBuilder, giving myself an opportunity to play an all-out spring game. The process doesn't take that long, I chopped it up and finished in about an hour and a half tops... In order to play the game you simply insert the teams into dynasty mode and create the depth charts for each squad. EDIT: must download the team twice.. Plus you can play the game with your team's actual practice jerseys

Really, really gave my offseason an organic feel and like I said, it didn't take as long as you would think.

Last edited by beast10; 05-16-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #68
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Absolutely fantastic stuff here JHamilton! I love some of the ideas and add-ons you are using to make for a much richer dynasty experience. I would love to take a look at some of your spreadsheets especially how you decide some of the academic things if you wouldn't mind sharing some insight? Just fantastic stuff really.
Here's the Academic Workbook. Just fair warning, it's a huge file... over 9 MB without adding player information. Sometimes Google will let you see the blank workbook, sometimes you have to open it with another app, sometimes you may just have to download it.

I recently added an Instructions worksheet just to help explain it. I highly recommend reading it because I went crazy with this workbook.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxV...ew?usp=sharing

Just to sum it up (since there is a lot to look at):

* I take the player's work ethic rating (ETH) and created an academic rating (ACD) with a range between 40-99 for each.

* I add the numbers together and multiply it by a random number between 0.000 and 1.000 to create the class progression (CLS PRG).

* The CLS PRG for each week is added to create the player's overall "grade" for the class.

* The player earns "extra credit" by spending extra time (XT) studying, but it affects his AWR (which I manually adjust) for that week.

Again, there's tons of formulas and other stuff in it and that explanation is just the start.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #69
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Here's the Academic Workbook.
This excel spreadsheet is intense. I love it. Major kudos for creating it with excellent instructions. One of the top posts I've seen on this site.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #70

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

A huge thank you for the sharing the spreadsheet! I will definitely be taking a closer look at this during the day and may try to find a way to incorporate it. Thank you again man, I really appreciate it!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #71
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

How do you guys incorporate suspensions well? Maybe some sort of system determining whether some players are more prone to suspensions, what they do, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #72

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I have the same question as DynasticJumper. JHamilton, I know you mentioned having a spreadsheet for suspensions? If you wouldn't be opposed, I would love to see that one as well. Love your academic one.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »