Home

PS2 Question

This is a discussion on PS2 Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 Question

First off, got the game last night and played around a little. Couldn't get much game time in though as it was my 8th wedding anniversary. Overall impression is that I like it (more challenging pass defense, HFA, expanded roster size, etc.).

Here's my question for anyone who may be able to answer it. I had to hit the reset button several times (about 15 minutes worth) before the game would load. I noticed the same thing recently with MVP Baseball. Is my system just old and used (3 years) and in need of maintenance or is it something else? Any feedback is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS2 Question

sounds like your system
Old 07-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Since it was your 8th anniversary, it could have been your wife doing some sabotage.

On your 10th anniversary, it probably won't even start up.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

im thinking its your system or your wife

but more so your system i bet....
Old 07-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

really, did you go to Harvard or MIT to figure that one out! the question is, short of buying a new system, is there a resolution to the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes there is a fix. I had the same type of porblem where my disks could not be read by the console. Use a dvd lens cleaner on the ps2. They run about $10. Another thing I sometimes do is stick use a vaccuum to the back to the PS2 to clear out any dust that builds up in the system.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

I sounds like your system is getting old. Soon you will be getting the dreaded "DRE" (Disc Read Error). You must have one of the first playstations, when they were $299.

You may want to look at purchasing a refurbished one. Most places have them for $99 - $119. It could even be cheaper if you trade in some old games you dont play anymore.

r
Old 07-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

quazer17 said:
Yes there is a fix. I had the same type of porblem where my disks could not be read by the console. Use a dvd lens cleaner on the ps2. They run about $10. Another thing I sometimes do is stick use a vaccuum to the back to the PS2 to clear out any dust that builds up in the system.

Thanks for the help. I'll follow your advice and see what happens. I really don't want to purchase a refurb!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »