Home

DAMNIT CATCH THE *$*&^$(@ BALL!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on DAMNIT CATCH THE *$*&^$(@ BALL!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
DAMNIT CATCH THE *$*&^$(@ BALL!!!!!!!

This is ludicrious. I have 1st and Goal from the 9 yard line. I drop back to pass to my number one receiver(rated a 91 in catch). He breaks away and is standing by himself in the back of the endzone, so i lob it to him...DOINK! he drops it. I figuer fine, i guess it happens.

same play, same result, doink! in the back of the zone.

I try a different play, trying for the same receiver...doink! off his hands in the back of the zone, up into the air, and into the hands of another of my receivers...doink! off his hands.

So i go for it on 4th and goal. I need this score to tie it up or I lose, so I call a TO to get the composure back up. his matchup had him fully composed with a little bit left on the good player line. I drop back, he pulls away, I lob a ball into him at the 2.....

*pause for effect*

DOINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off his hands.

This is ********. I can understand not catching the ball once in a while, but it seems as if you can only get them the ball when its going in between 5 defenders and rifled in there. To not catch the ball when the player is a 91 Catch, with full composure and WIDER FREAKEN OPEN is absolutley EA making sure games arent blowouts.

If this $%@# continues the game will get returned and I will never go back to EA games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: DAMNIT CATCH THE *$*&^$(@ BALL!!!!!!!

i friggin agree dude, I have been going through the same problem, like if you loft it, they drop it, and if you gun it, they drop it, seriously, like there is a medium and its very gay. I had the same thing happen to me and I was throwing the Thrope(on FSU) and if anyone knows who that is, hes pretty friggin nasty, and he drops all day, and my other WRs who are good, drop everything, i moved up the sliders +5 from the deafult, and they are still dropping, EA, you are losing me, you already lost me on Madden, don't kill me on football, I could alteast catch the ball in NCAA2k3, and that game sucked!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why not save some money and put up the WR Catching. I have gone from 6-8 drops a game to 1-3 a game and only when my receiver is hit as he catches. I still have not seen a wide open drop since I've used some sliders I saw that put Catch at 16.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:

BigTim said:
This is ludicrious. I have 1st and Goal from the 9 yard line. I drop back to pass to my number one receiver(rated a 91 in catch). He breaks away and is standing by himself in the back of the endzone, so i lob it to him...DOINK! he drops it. I figuer fine, i guess it happens.

same play, same result, doink! in the back of the zone.

I try a different play, trying for the same receiver...doink! off his hands in the back of the zone, up into the air, and into the hands of another of my receivers...doink! off his hands.

So i go for it on 4th and goal. I need this score to tie it up or I lose, so I call a TO to get the composure back up. his matchup had him fully composed with a little bit left on the good player line. I drop back, he pulls away, I lob a ball into him at the 2.....

*pause for effect*

DOINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off his hands.

This is ********. I can understand not catching the ball once in a while, but it seems as if you can only get them the ball when its going in between 5 defenders and rifled in there. To not catch the ball when the player is a 91 Catch, with full composure and WIDER FREAKEN OPEN is absolutley EA making sure games arent blowouts.

If this $%@# continues the game will get returned and I will never go back to EA games.

Have you been trying to manuel catch or are you just letting the computer try and catch it? If you are just letting the computer catch for you, try manuel catching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »