Home

I had no idea about this! AWR affects Audibling

This is a discussion on I had no idea about this! AWR affects Audibling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

So I was practicing and my daughter asked me if she could play. I said yes. Then watched as she scrambled with my QB every . single . play . My QB is a statue. So I took the controller from her and put in an ATH who had been put at WR, but who has a solid arm, to play QB.

So she plays a few minutes running around with him.

I take the controller back and try to run a few plays. I try an audible. Nothing. After a few more times trying I wonder if something is broke in my game. I finally realized after screwing around a bit, he has a 13 AWR and literally cannot call an audible!

I think this is amazingly cool. If i had time (I do not) I would research exactly what things the AWR affects for the QB in terms of ability to audible and change things. It might be a way to handicap oneself.

I didn't see another thread like this but can't guarantee it doesn't exist. Point me in the right direction if you know of one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I had no idea about this! AWR affects Audibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
So I was practicing and my daughter asked me if she could play. I said yes. Then watched as she scrambled with my QB every . single . play . My QB is a statue. So I took the controller from her and put in an ATH who had been put at WR, but who has a solid arm, to play QB.

So she plays a few minutes running around with him.

I take the controller back and try to run a few plays. I try an audible. Nothing. After a few more times trying I wonder if something is broke in my game. I finally realized after screwing around a bit, he has a 13 AWR and literally cannot call an audible!

I think this is amazingly cool. If i had time (I do not) I would research exactly what things the AWR affects for the QB in terms of ability to audible and change things. It might be a way to handicap oneself.

I didn't see another thread like this but can't guarantee it doesn't exist. Point me in the right direction if you know of one!
As a spread option guy I've known about this pretty much since the game came out, but I always assumed it wasn't tied to AWR, but instead only QBs can call audibles while non-QBs cannot. I first learned of this from wildcat formations w/ a HB taking the snap.

I'll go hit practice really quick w/ a 13 AWR QB and see if he can audible (I'll be he can).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

And it makes a ton of sense that non-QBs can't audible since they don't practice as a QB and at most have a few wildcat plays that they practice.

OTOH, even sh*tty QB is practicing as a QB and learns the playbook.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Yep. This QB can audible like a champ.

And while it makes sense that non-QBs can't audible, you know the only reason that EA did this is to try to handicap online cheesers that put their fastest CB in @ QB and scramble every play.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Mystery solved! thanks Jello. In truth I probably could have done this but I would have been messing with the wrong thing so appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Hmmmm. There are times I audible and I can see the possible plays and times I audible and can't see them. I never knew why this was happening. I don't know if it's tied for AWR or if it's some other reason. It's frustrating, because I don't have my audibles memorized, other than knowing that X is a dive play. It makes sense - right up the middle.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Hmmmm. There are times I audible and I can see the possible plays and times I audible and can't see them. I never knew why this was happening. I don't know if it's tied for AWR or if it's some other reason. It's frustrating, because I don't have my audibles memorized, other than knowing that X is a dive play. It makes sense - right up the middle.

If you're talking about the audible menu, then click either the LS or the RS (don't remember which as I always keep mine off since I know my audibles).

EDIT: I'm not sure if you know this (it kinda sounds like you might not) you can change and save your audibles to whatever you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »