Home

More Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on More Gameplay Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
More Gameplay Impressions

After playing quite a few games, including one online, I have to say WOW! Talk about defense! This game has really improved on the defensive side. It's an amazing experience. Some notables:

1. It really affects the game based on how good your team is versus how good the opposition is.

2. Good defenses can eat you for lunch!

3. Too few plays with short routes and most of the long routes are too well covered. I need to look around at different playbooks to find a short passing game.

4. Online play is smooth and just amazing. I had a game last night Texas vs. Texas. It was a crazy defensive battle with each of us thwarting the others attacks. I missed a FG by less than a foot and he almost scored a TD on me, but the game remained 0 to 0 at the end of 4 quarters, so we headed into OT. He was able to run fairly well using the option play and managed to score quickly in OT, then it was my turn. I managed to move forward and get a 1st down, then after 3 more plays I had managed to get sacked and was left with 4th and 15. Well, he was in deep zone and I managed to hit my receiver in the end zone right between his zone coverage for a TD. Now we were tied, and heading to 2nd OT where I got to start first this time. I managed to drive down the field and had a receiver open on the goal line. I quickly threw to him and . . . his Safety anticipated and stepped in front of the pass to intercept it! He then marched down the field and just managed to barely get into FG range (32yd line) and managed to kick a game winning FG.

All in all this is an AWESOME game, but it will take a while to get used to the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: More Gameplay Impressions

I actually wasn't very fond of this game at first. To be honest, I borderline hated it. That being said, I'm staring to like it more but I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's just my opinion.

Nice impressions. Glad to hear you are having an awesome time with it.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
Animals as L e a d e r s

Cataschism's Arena

OVR: 11

Im really starting to like this game as well. Is it me or is the kicking meter tougher this year? Last year you could be a little off an it would be ok, but this year, if your off, youre screwed.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah. It's taken some getting used to, but I've for the most part been able to adjust now. The first few were just ugly though lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »