Home

What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

This is a discussion on What causes practice mode freeze during load up? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2020, 12:00 AM   #9
Pro

parent22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What causes practice mode freeze during load up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluke
It was the first practice of that year! I actually first tried it in Pre-Season (which I had also done in Year 3... I just like to look at the players a bit at that point). It was freezing up. So I tried it in Week 1 before any game was played but no luck.

I don't use formation subs (this dynasty is actually all CPU vs CPU games that I just watch fwiw). But I had saw that mentioned here as a possible issue so I went there and reset them again just in case but still no luck.

It's strange to me that it worked last season and now doesn't work this season, but I also have no idea why this glitch would occur to begin with... Hmm.
It’s probably an EA glitch. I wish you the best of luck in this dynasty and hope that you figure this out. It’s too bad cause it’s a really cool feature.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here’s my experience on practice mode. You can’t practice if you have used roster substitutes, you will have to reset this to normal. For some reason if you substitute a player in a certain formation, you can’t practice, which is silly. You also can’t practice before a bowl game for some reason. In both of these instances the game will freeze up on the second cut scene. Happens every time. So reset roster subs and don’t try and practice after the season before a bowl game and it should work just fine.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #11
Rookie

mon0poly's Arena

Are you using a roster that uses Heisman faces? Or did you edit in Heisman faces for your players? I’ve noticed this always causes issues for me in dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerob
Here’s my experience on practice mode. You can’t practice if you have used roster substitutes, you will have to reset this to normal. For some reason if you substitute a player in a certain formation, you can’t practice, which is silly. You also can’t practice before a bowl game for some reason. In both of these instances the game will freeze up on the second cut scene. Happens every time. So reset roster subs and don’t try and practice after the season before a bowl game and it should work just fine.
I think you might be right about this. I think changing my depth chart too much causes practice mode to fail. I don't know the exact thing that triggers it but it just may be something related to changing up rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon0poly
Are you using a roster that uses Heisman faces? Or did you edit in Heisman faces for your players? I’ve noticed this always causes issues for me in dynasty.
I do edit those faces out of the dynasty file to make sure that doesn't happen. Good idea though!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction. This has been a problem for me for awhile and I couldn't figure it out. It's definitely formation subs and depth chart movements. If you've done both then you have to undo both to get practice to work. So I don't lose all the changes I've made I go into dynasty do a practice session then jump out of dynasty without saving and when I get back in all my changes are still intact. So thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »