Home

Spring Football Ideas

This is a discussion on Spring Football Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Spring Football Ideas

I normally each year do a Spring Football Practice each day of my week and then ultimately do a Spring Game. I set up a core practice scheduele, go into practice and practice assignment football, situational football, etc. Just trying to see if anyone else out there does something similar and also has any ideas on how to expand on a generic Spring practice/Spring Game ? Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Spring Football Ideas

This makes me think a spring game might be a way to identify those certain "breakout" players. Each offseason I alter progression (both in a positive and negative way) to both incoming recruits and returning players, but the few players selected are 100% random. A player who might excel or disappoint in a spring game would be a fresh approach to those of us who modify player progression.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 03-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

I used to do this in madden, but since they took away the ability to export a team outside of dynasty/franchise mode I stopped doing it. It was a perfect opportunity to see exactly who is going to perform better than their ratings, or who's going to be a bust even though he's an 80+ overall player

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
Pro

I use teambuilder to create "practice uniforms" since the game doesn't have any. And I recreate my entire team with the same attributes and everything. Give them a practice stadium, etc. But you're right. Would be a great way to find gems and also guys ready to contribute using the new system I saw on here implemented to "Regress and Progress" as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #5

Cheese2121's Arena

Love this idea. I might try to think up a way to incorporate a spring game into my own dynasty. If anyone thinks up anyways to make this more organic, please share! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
Pro

Heres an example of my spring practice scheduele. My Spring Practice last year started on March 18.

On March 18 this is what the day looked like:

Offense: Work on running Screens, Situationals (3rd and 10, 3rd and 5, 4th and 1), Redzone Offense, 2 Minute Drill (Situational: down 2 Must reach FG range. Sial 2: Down 6, must reach endzone)
Defense: Redzone Defense; Short yardage run D; Edge Blitzing, Nickle Back manual control defense
Special Teams: (My FG Kicker accuracy is rated at 44 on purpose to make kicking harder) KickOff, Onside Kicks, Field Goals, Situational Field Goal Kicking

March 19
Offense: Clock management (try to put together a long drive); Game Sealing Offense (Situational ball/Put clock on 4 minutes and try to seal the game by gaining yards , getting first downs and bleeding the clock)
Defense: Pass Blitz Defense (try different blitz packages to get most pass pressure for in game situations) Pass rush D (Manually control dline and try to generate pass rush) , Scrambling QB Contain (work on containing QBs who like to scramble), ZOne read contain(Work on containing the zone read play) Situationals (Game sealing defense: Keep Opponent out of FG range with 2:00 in the game, ball on 35 yard line)

I did different scenarios like this for 11 days leading up to a real spring game.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

After everything is said and done with offseason, I usually practice with my new team for about 30-60 minutes. I do a full scrimmage as my "spring game." I analyze every position and sub in players. Sometimes, lower rated players perform better, so they become the starter (have a freshman at OLB and center this season). It also allows me to get used to my team, and find its identity. For example, am I a running team or a passing team? I figure that out during scrimmage.

I also practice FG's to know my range, and punts to get used to the punter's power.

Major Boise State fan
Old 03-04-2016, 10:06 AM   #8

Cheese2121's Arena

Very nice idea SB. I am definitely going to incorporate this into my project.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »