Home

HFA in Bowl games?

This is a discussion on HFA in Bowl games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
HFA in Bowl games?

Does HFA work in bowl games where Miami plays in the Orange Bowl or ASU plays in the Fiesta Bowl? Does anyone know if this happens because it would be a big let down to know that the 'Canes don't have HFA playing in their own stadium for a bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: HFA in Bowl games?

Does anyone know?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Jaguar said:
Does anyone know?

Well I dont think so. I know no one has HFA in the Red River Shootout(UT vS OU) or The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party(UGA vs UF) Also, the CAnes dont play in their own stadium if they are in the Fed Ex Orange Bowl. The FX OB is played at Pro Player Stadium. The Canes home stadium is actually called the Orange Bowl.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I just played in the Red River Shootout and there is no HFA, the crowd creers and jeers for each side Its actually very well done.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, I am aware of the Location of the FedEx Orange Bowl. But, it's still in MIAMI and that would still draw a TON of MIAMI fans, so HFA would be a factor for Miami if it's allowed in Bowl games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Rookie

macatak911's Arena

OVR: 3

the sugar bowl was played in LOUISIANA....New orleans only an hour from baton rouge.....it was pretty even for the most part (ou vs lsu fans that is)...i know i was there....both sides were loud
Old 07-16-2004, 02:27 AM   #7
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

macatak911 said:
the sugar bowl was played in LOUISIANA....New orleans only an hour from baton rouge.....it was pretty even for the most part (ou vs lsu fans that is)...i know i was there....both sides were loud

Both sides were loud, but LSU fans definately out-numbered OU fans both inside the stadium and out. Hell, that's all ABC would talk about was how badly OU fans were outnumbered. Also, a lot of OU fans were pissed because the LSU fans had snatched up all the tickets so early. OU fans are loud (except when they are at home), but they were not even as far as attendance goes.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 AM   #8
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Jaguar said:
Yeah, I am aware of the Location of the FedEx Orange Bowl. But, it's still in MIAMI and that would still draw a TON of MIAMI fans, so HFA would be a factor for Miami if it's allowed in Bowl games.

No becuase both schools are allotted the same amount of tickets. You have to remember that Miami is a private school and many alumni dont stay in the Miami area after graduating and the bowl games are usually played during winter(Christmas) break eliminating many students from attending. Plus a majority of the seats go to corporate sponsors and so forth. You will see games where teams have more fans than others at Bowl sites but not enough to gain a HFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »