Home

[Dynasty Mode] FOUR Games TWO DIFFERENT Seasons SAME Situation DIFFERENT Outcomes

This is a discussion on [Dynasty Mode] FOUR Games TWO DIFFERENT Seasons SAME Situation DIFFERENT Outcomes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question [Dynasty Mode] FOUR Games TWO DIFFERENT Seasons SAME Situation DIFFERENT Outcomes

My Colorado Buffaloes OFFLINE Dynasty teams have closed out EVERY season with UNLV followed by Utah EVERY season since I moved UNLV from the Mountain West to the Pac 12

But if there was EVER a case of AVOIDING a trap the first time but FALLING COMPLETELY THROUGH IT just TWO YEARS LATER, this would be it

Lemme set the table - In BOTH the 2017 & 2019 seasons, ALL I had to do was beat UNLV & Utah & I would manage to hold off the USC Trojans (Whom I LOST to in 2017 but BEAT in 2019) & I was virtually guaranteed a trip to the Pac 12 Championship Game

In BOTH seasons, the UNLV game was at Folsom Field in Boulder while the Utah game was at Rice Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City

QUESTION - HOW could I have AVOIDED a trap in 2017 but FELL COMPLETELY THROUGH THE SAME trap in 2019 ??

Care to pick this apart peeps ?? Have fun

2017 UNLV Game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FdaZyI8vII

2017 UTAH Game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEzwYkkLrVM

2019 UNLV Game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FvcNvXQMrs

2019 UTAH Game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vC4gJPg2QA

(Yes I AM aware of the technical glitches in the 2019 games but thanks anyway )

Enjoy

Cheers & Happy Gaming

BP

Last edited by Bach Patu; 03-30-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

Re: [Dynasty Mode] FOUR Games TWO DIFFERENT Seasons SAME Situation DIFFERENT Outcomes

What are you babbling on about? What trap? I'm not about to watch 4+ hours of game footage to help you, assuming that's what you're asking for?

Are you asking for our help with something? Or just sharing something that happened from your dynasty?

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-31-2016, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: [Dynasty Mode] FOUR Games TWO DIFFERENT Seasons SAME Situation DIFFERENT Outcomes

First, I'm talking about TRAP GAMES (Which the UNLV games were)

Second, I'm sorry I'm not good at editing video (I dont pretend to be like Mr. Hurriicane or MoonSwami or other YouTubers who DO). I'm also sorry you either can't or don't know how to use the SEEK feature on the YouTube player

In any case, I shared this for the SOLE purpose of HUMOROUS discussion. Sorry to see you take things like this so seriously (Lighten up )

If you don't wish to engage (Or be bother with engaging) in the HUMOROUS discussion then DON'T hit the reply button. Simple solution to simple problem

NOTE - I'm NOT trying to attack you. I'm just saying that I am who I am & don't pretend to be someone/something I'm NOT. If you don't wanna engage in the discussion, THAT IS YOUR CHOICE

If discussion takes place SO BE IT. If not OH WELL

Cheers & Happy Gaming

Last edited by Bach Patu; 03-31-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

Lmao, I have zero idea what you're talking about buddy. Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-31-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Lemme summarize for those who either have no idea what I'm talking about, can't read the tablesetting prelude above, can't or don't know how to or are just too lazy to use the seek function on the YouTube player or WHATEVER their excuse may be.....

2017 SEASON

Played the starters on O & D (That's OFFENSE & DEFENSE BTW) in BOTH the UNLV & Utah games. Won BOTH of them

Had to win both to secure my spot in the PAC 12 Championship Game & the PAC 12 South title (Which was against Boise State & played at Sports Auithority Field @ Mile High)

2019 SEASON

SAME EXACT SITUATION as 2017 only VERY DIFFERENT results

Played UNLV in Boulder with the starters on the field. But THIS TIME I GOT ROCKED as the Runnin' Rebels just RAN ALL OVER ME

While preparing for Utah, I remembered what happened to the starting QB in my Colorado State Rams Dynasty earlier in THEIR 2019 season & what happened to the starting QB in my Air Force Falcons Dynasty in their 2018 season (Both got hurt & lost for the remainder of the season)

Not wanting something as freaky as that happening in this case AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME, I decided to pull the starters & let THE BACKUPS win the Utah game for us instead (In fact, I even started the THIRD string QB) DESPITE the game being against a rival (Which Utah is)

Thing is, I not only pulled the STARTING OFFENSE, I pulled the STARTING DEFENSE as well

The end result, not only did I get a similar beating from Utah, we LOST the PAC 12 South title & subsequently our spot in the PAC 12 Championship Game at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego (Lost both of those to USC - THE SAME team we managed to LEAPFROG in 2017 !!) AND went from a projected Rose Bowl bid (Which we won in 2017) to the Russell Athletic Bowl vs. Auburn

Lastly, to add insult to injury, we went from #7 in ALL the polls to OUT of the polls in the same two week span

Guess I should've let the starters on defense start the Utah game & looked back on what I did in 2017 in MY OWN PERSONAL game prep for BOTH the UNLV & Utah games, eh ?? heheh

Thoughts ?? USEFUL CONTRIBUTORY Comments ??

BP

Last edited by Bach Patu; 03-31-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
MVP

whughes's Arena

Same situation, completely different teams. Sure, you may have still been playing against UNLV and Utah. But those squads in 2019 were different from when you played them in 2017.

Honestly dude, what did you expect to happen when you didn't play any starters against a quality PAC-12 school like Utah? You shouldn't be surprised at all that they destroyed your backups led by your third string quarterback.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Same situation, completely different teams. Sure, you may have still been playing against UNLV and Utah. But those squads in 2019 were different from when you played them in 2017.
Partially true HOWEVER.....
Quote:
Honestly dude, what did you expect to happen when you didn't play any starters against a quality PAC-12 school like Utah? You shouldn't be surprised at all that they destroyed your backups led by your third string quarterback.
The 2nd string offense & my 3rd string QB did THEIR part (They put up 24 points) BUT the 2nd string DEFENSE gave up 42 points IN THE FIRST HALF ALONE !!

I put in the starters on defense in the 2nd half (Who only gave up 10 points) BUT by that time, we dug ourselves is such a deep hole, there was nothing the starters on D could do

Add to the fact that Utah had bowl eligibility on the line & that only added EVEN MORE fuel to their fire

As for the UNLV game, the starters on both sides just didn't play well at all while UNLV (Who had nothing to lose) did

I suppose this is just yet another THUNDERING testimonial that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

Was I surprised we lost ?? NO. Was I surprised the 2nd string Defense FAILED to do its job ?? YES !! In fact, I was disappointed

Having said that, from a coaching & recruiting perspective, I learned that while I have GREAT 2nd & 3rd string players on OFFENSE, the DEFENSE obviously needs a little more work in reloading after winning the 2016 National Championship (Where we BARELY slipped past Florida ON THE LAST PLAY of the game)

I also learned how the 2nd/3rd stringers respond to being on the WRONG end of a blowout too

So was I personally looking past the PAC 12 Championship Game ?? Yes. But THAT WAS INTENTIONAL as I look at it this way.....

If we can't beat UNRANKED & AVERAGE teams like UNLV & Utah IN A REGULAR SEASON game, what sort of chance do we have against a better team IN A BOWL GAME ??

In short - I plea GUILTY AS CHARGED !!

Cheers & Happy Gaming

BP

Last edited by Bach Patu; 03-31-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm gonna agree with whughes here. Lots of factors are in play.

#1) a 2 year difference means a lot of different players. Not only that, but the players who are still around have changed their game drastically. They could be much better by 2019.

#2) (possibly) new coaching on their end. They could have a different scheme

#3) players are on hot streaks throughout the season

#4) they came to play! Just like in real life, sometimes a team comes out flat. Other times, they come out firing.

On top of that, I have to question why you would bench starters in a "must win" situation. No game is a given, especially 2 years later. If it was, no one would want to play the same opponents each year. Look what happened in 2015 when Boise State played Utah State and New Mexico, for example. Sometimes, the better team just doesn't show up.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »