Home

Disgusted with Xbox Live

This is a discussion on Disgusted with Xbox Live within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Disgusted with Xbox Live

This is the second time it's happened...

I am winning a game and all of a sudden it says "You have been removed from the game for excessive controller pulls"

The first time, my controller did pull, the second time, nothing even happened. And even if it did, why am I not allowed ANY controller pulls throughout the course of a game? "Excessive" is the word they use... EXCESSIVE!

I would hardly consider an accidental removal of my controller excessive pulling. And not only does it not allow me to pursue a win, it gives both me and my opponent a "DNF" for not finishing our game. I'm sure both my opponents (both OS guys) don't appreciate what's going on with it either.

This is ridiculous... what's the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Disgusted with Xbox Live

It's EA's fault,this is the exact reason why Microsoft was fighting them tooth an nail,so it could be played on their servers.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

EA just HAD to have their own servers. Very unimpressive so far. I have'nt been able to get on once this evening, not to mention I lost a win yesterday when I was kicked offline after leaving the game I was playing. I had won, but no credit. Half the time the Friends List won't work. I am giving EA a chance to fix this, but I'm losing my patience fast. Hopefully EA won't treat this the way they treat other problems, and just ignore it.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #4
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

yeah this isn't an Xbox Live problem, this is EA putting out crap servers that they must not have tested (at least I hope they didn't test this crap, if they did test it this is just sad.)
Old 07-15-2004, 10:09 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

It's EA's fault,this is the exact reason why Microsoft was fighting them tooth an nail,so it could be played on their servers.

Quote:

EA just HAD to have their own servers.

Quote:

yeah this isn't an Xbox Live problem, this is EA putting out crap servers that they must not have tested (at least I hope they didn't test this crap, if they did test it this is just sad.)

EXACTLY!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

http://www.easports.com/games/ncaa20...d/xbl/home.jsp
An easier way to see if XBL is working is just repeadly check this site, if there are user names on it its up, or if its blank and says "Error in building: Connection refused" its down

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »