Home

For People with Passing issues

This is a discussion on For People with Passing issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
For People with Passing issues

I was just curious about the people who are having problems with passing how they control the passing game.

I played a couple exb. games and noticed whenever I threw a lot of bullets the balls were being dropped. When I threw the lobs I completed a lot more of my passes.

As PSU vs. LSU was at about 45-50% and couldn't get in a rhythm. As PSU v. Akron I am having no problem passing and haven't had any drops. I am attributing this to the fact that LSU is a lot better than Akron plus I got a huge lead in the Akron game and took off from there.

Just curious if people having problems are throwing a lot of bullets and not leading the receivers, I think that could be issue #1.

Issue #2 is that with the composure system. The worse you're doing is going to breed stats that get progressively worse. Just like a real game if a QB loses composure the coach will go to the ground or go with safer throws.

Just a thought, I haven't had the issues some others are having passing and wondered how they throw.

Just Wondered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: For People with Passing issues

Bullet passes are definately dropped a tad to much then they should but i fixed it with sliders really its not an issue for me anymore
Old 07-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

My impressions are that you must pay attention to which players(receiver) have good composure. A player with no composure will not even look for the ball and it will bounce right off of his body. However, players with good composure will make every catch and get better and better. It is critical to keep your QB composed by throwing to composed receivers and to pull the ball down at time and run. Forced passes will lead to a rattled QB and bad throws, hence no catches and a 19 completion %...

Just my Take!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'm just getting used to the xbox controls, how hard to hit the button...usually I either throw it too hard, or lob it too much, not much middle ground for me yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »