Home

Scoring simulator is whacked!

This is a discussion on Scoring simulator is whacked! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Scoring simulator is whacked!

Have any of u noticed the scores coming up in dynasty mode? There are a lot of teams scoring 60 and 70 points. I've simulated a few seasons and team averages are around 32 points a game. Is there any way to tone this down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Scoring simulator is whacked!

Check the details on the games...a lot of them go into several OT's.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:

Garydee said:
Have any of u noticed the scores coming up in dynasty mode? There are a lot of teams scoring 60 and 70 points. I've simulated a few seasons and team averages are around 32 points a game. Is there any way to tone this down?

Don't watch much college football do ya?

Now, if it's Kent State scoring 60 ppg, we have a problem, but if it's, say USC, that's pretty much the norm. Every year a few teams score like that. What, Oklahoma averaged like 58 ppg last year?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

ExtremeGamer77 said:
Quote:

Garydee said:

Don't watch much college football do ya?

Now, if it's Kent State scoring 60 ppg, we have a problem, but if it's, say USC, that's pretty much the norm. Every year a few teams score like that. What, Oklahoma averaged like 58 ppg last year?

42. But point well made. High octane teams score points, it's just the way it is. Of course every team shouldn't average 30 a game, but having some teams score a ton of points is pretty realistic.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Every big score I've seen, save juggernauts whipping 1-AA cupcakes, has been due to OT. I saw one game end 14-14 but after OT the score was in the 40's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

something funny happened to me yesterday.....

i was simming a season just for the heck of it with Tennessee... they went undefeated in their first few games until they played georgia (who was 1-3 going into the game)... they ended up beating me 80-35..... lol, i was cracking up. i mean, MAYBE on a VERY good day for uga and VERY bad day for the vols that could happen. but geez....
Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

LPU said:
something funny happened to me yesterday.....

i was simming a season just for the heck of it with Tennessee... they went undefeated in their first few games until they played georgia (who was 1-3 going into the game)... they ended up beating me 80-35..... lol, i was cracking up. i mean, MAYBE on a VERY good day for uga and VERY bad day for the vols that could happen. but geez....

One problem I've had with the simulated scores for a few years was the amount of blowouts there are. It's especially noticeable when a top team not only gets upset, but gets creamed. Stuff like Cincinnati beating Ohio State 52-14 or Oregon State beating LSU 35-10.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed this, too. IN fact I counted how many games in which the winning team scored less than 30 points. In a fully simmed season, it happened a total of 29 times, or an average of about 2 per week. Almost never did the winning team have fewer than 25 points and more commonly the winner had over 35 points in the game.

I was wondering too if there is a way to regulate that, by setting the time for CPU games down to 11-12 minute qtrs. while they are being simmed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »