Home

Your fix for the dropped passes

This is a discussion on Your fix for the dropped passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Your fix for the dropped passes

I have played with Michigan they have two WRS both rathed above 85% in catching. Playing against Baylor, and they drop passes still playing at home.

I tried switching to the receiver and making the catch
Turning up WR catching
what else?

I tried not bulleting the pass, throwing it normal lobbing it everything.

worse thing I saw was a guy waive his hand for the catch and then the ball came and he turned to catch it and the ball hit him square in the front of the face. then after the ball was halway down to the ground he put up his hands for the catch DOH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Your fix for the dropped passes

Throw to the receiver with the highest composure on the given play. Make sure your QB has some sort of composure or you will probably not complete the pass. I have had to call timeouts to get my players composed so I could get back on track.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

right my players were always composed full green bars, which is why I played baylor and were wide open.

so its just a glitch I guess.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

The green bar tells you how good the player is, not how composed they are... The circle to the left will tell you if they are composed or not. If it is white/grey the player is fully composed. If it is halfsy then they are getting shaken. If it is empty then they are puking on the field because they are so nervous... You have to look at composure when passing the ball... Player ratings are important but more ikportant is the composure.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Banned

The Best Remedy For This Passing Game Crap

You have a better chance of catching in triple/double coverage than catching the ball wide open.
I can't wait for ESPN Football to come out.

Quote:

illidan said:
I have played with Michigan they have two WRS both rathed above 85% in catching. Playing against Baylor, and they drop passes still playing at home.

I tried switching to the receiver and making the catch
Turning up WR catching
what else?

I tried not bulleting the pass, throwing it normal lobbing it everything.

worse thing I saw was a guy waive his hand for the catch and then the ball came and he turned to catch it and the ball hit him square in the front of the face. then after the ball was halway down to the ground he put up his hands for the catch DOH!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I really gotta find the guy who said this, and I can't find the original thread either, but this guys idea has worked great for me and my boy from home who plays alot too...

DO NOT lead your receivers. NEVER aim, even make contact, with the analog stick when pressing a receivers icon to throw him the ball. Since I started doing that and played 4 games last night and there was an astronamical improvement and I had to turn down my sliders big time. I had one game were Orlovsky when 21-26 (on jistic's sliders) and another one Zack Mills was 17-24. I had a total of 5 dropped passes in two games, and they were when my receiver got pummeled. I think there was one drop on a wide open pass, but needless to say too many dropped balls are no longer a problem for me in this game.

So give this a try and lemme know how it goes.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

ehh said:
I really gotta find the guy who said this, and I can't find the original thread either, but this guys idea has worked great for me and my boy from home who plays alot too...

DO NOT lead your receivers. NEVER aim, even make contact, with the analog stick when pressing a receivers icon to throw him the ball. Since I started doing that and played 4 games last night and there was an astronamical improvement and I had to turn down my sliders big time. I had one game were Orlovsky when 21-26 (on jistic's sliders) and another one Zack Mills was 17-24. I had a total of 5 dropped passes in two games, and they were when my receiver got pummeled. I think there was one drop on a wide open pass, but needless to say too many dropped balls are no longer a problem for me in this game.

Leading a receiver isn't a problem. It's if he is "rattled" that it's very difficult to lead someone...
Old 07-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

ehh said:

Leading a receiver isn't a problem. It's if he is "rattled" that it's very difficult to lead someone...

Well, I've found that this helps regardless of being rattled. If I was composed, I was completing passes, if I was rattled I was completing passes, well at least the WR wasn't dropping them. Those numbers I had with Zack Mills were @ the Big House. Pretty impressive.

I'm just suggesting that people try it, cause it's bee wonderful for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »