Home

Seems as if circle routes are back in effect in '05.....

This is a discussion on Seems as if circle routes are back in effect in '05..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Seems as if circle routes are back in effect in \'05.....

For people struggling with passing and finding good plays (basically 90% of this site), try using the circle routes again with your two wideouts. The route where the WR starts with a slant inwards for like 3 steps, then 5 steps to a fly, then turns outwards towards the sideline like a post corner. Looks something like...

\
|
/

like a semi circle.

This route was extremely effective in '02 and '03 but in '04 EA seemed to take away its effectiveness by a great deal. I ran them a ton prior to '04, but it took me about two games last year to realize that that route was gonna be pretty much useless. It seems they worked on over-the-shoulder catches a bit this year, and you can lop that over the shoulder pass on this route and it has worked very nicely for me, even against zone. If you release the ball right before he starts his final break (up-and-outward) then he usually does a good job of shielding the DB and making the catch. Make sure you don't throw a bullet (it'll prolly get picked) and get a decent amount of air under your throw.

And of course, this is not a money play that works 90% of the time, but it should help people with ailing passing attacks. Just givin ya the heads up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »